Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I need to add some chages to my theme. I want to move sidebar-2 position next to section?

I try do this, but it doesn’t work? Can you help me with that ?

Regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Sideba-2 position worked well only with the mainbody as the style already defined for it .
    As u said new module position can be added with section position you can name it as sidebar3 .
    For this you need to defined new module position in the tpls/blocks/section.php file .
    And then define new module position name in templatedetails.xml file in root . Add below code in section.php file to define new position sidebar3

<div class="t3-sidebar-2 col-xs-6  col-md-3 <?php $this->_c('sidebar3') ?>">

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('sidebar3') ?>" />

</div>

Add and make changes like i did Here : http://prntscr.com/augcb4
    Publish module on sidebar3 position .
    Hope it helps .

stazzy Friend

Thanks. Pls after doin that,how can i reduce fonts sizers, both header and article.?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @stazzy
    Kindly open a separate thread for different your topic . This topics is for Module position .
    It also help other users for same topic search .
    Regards

Grzegorz Laski Friend

Hi,
    It works nice . I need one more thing.
    How Can I add new module blok like "section" or "banner-bottom".

I need to add "newsection" exaclly beetwen section and baner-bottom
    I hope is it clear for you
    Regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Copy the code from section.php file of the section module and rename the module position name from the code .
    Now past it in a new file in tpls/blocks/newsection.php
    Call the block in your layout file . like you can see /tpls/no-sidebar.php
    Hope it helps .

stazzy Friend

hi Pankaj made the changes but item not displaying. view image. thanks

1. sb
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @stazzy
    could u tell me what issue you are facing on your site , with complete details , so i can help you .
    post your site details via Private reply and share the description of the problem inside screenshot . One line reply is very difficult to understand which issue you are talking .

stazzy Friend

trying to create the sidebar3 but having issues. Its not working. and pls how do i remove this position? view image. Thanks

1. rem
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @stazzy
    I checked the code for sidebar3 module position working fine , Kindly check u added it correctly .
    Beside If you want to remove the images you can remove it from Open the articles > Intro images .
    Remove intro images if you do not want to show them .

Also post site super user details via Private reply so i can take a look on the problem

stazzy Friend

not the image, its the leading block i wanna remove so that image can cover that block too.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    add this code in custom.css file to hide the leading sidebar block in featured layout page .

.blog-featured .leading-sidebar {display:none;}

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum