Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Thanks Phill, I am experiencing a couple of issues that you may be able to help me.
    1. I loaded a new logo.png in this directory (/templates/ja_teline_iv/images) hoping to override the existing logo but the original Teline IV is still at the frontpage, I cleared cache but did not help.
    2. I wanted to upgrade to the stable using extensions manager, but it returned an error about ‘mysql path not set’, I think it is related to the configuration at the extension manager that needs configuration but I dont know what EXACTLY to input into that forms.
    3. I wanted to change the order of the categories used by JA-News-1 but I am not able to do that, the option there only allows you to select what you want to appear on the frontend. I went to category manager and changed the order of the categories but it did not affect the what JA-news-1 has listed them in the module.
    4. I had wanted to group a couple of menus side/side like how the home menu is, but when I use the seperator on a section, it cascade the menu(one on top of other), I wanted side/side.

I know I will run into a couple more but so far that’s about it:D

Phill Moderator

No problem, let’s take a look at them.

1. The logo for T4 is stored in a number of locations and also uses an offset for the mousover effect. If you want to send me a link to your site I am happy to take a look. If you do not want to post it here via PM is fine.

2. Please refer to this guide http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Ext…Manager/How-to for configuration carefully and accurately.

3. That on I do not know as I have never used this component but I will look into it and find out.

4. The separator is not there to create more columns on the mega menu, it is a standard Joomla feature mainly used to make the first item on the menu in a dropdown do nothing but hold the dropdown. Again we have a nice Wiki that explains how to use the mega menu. To add more columns to each dropdown you can do this in the Parameters(JA Extended) tab when editing the menu item. Simply select the number of columns you want the menu to be split into. Take a look at the Wiki as it eaxplains it very well – http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Template_Framework/Navigation

akwasi_c Friend

I have sent info via PM

Phill Moderator

Before we change the logo please backup your site and update your Teline4 template via the JA Extensions Manager component. You are using the Beta version while the stable release is available, version 1.1.0

As for your logo is is clearly not change. If you brows to http://www.yoururl.com/templates/ja_teline_iv/images/logo.png

Where yoururl needs changing to your actual url you will see that the standard logo.png is still there and being called.

akwasi_c Friend

I did the upgrade and it worked, it just gave a warning below, but it seems it had upgraded
    Warning: copy(/home/xxxxx/public_html/templates/ja_teline_iv//params.ini) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ireportg/public_html/administrator/components/com_jaextmanager/lib/jaupdater/core/helper/FileSystemHelper.php on line 155
    Successfully upgraded to version 1.1.0. Please refresh this page to see the version update.

Phill Moderator

Excellent. That warning is stating that one of the files the updater was trying to write to (params.ini) was protected by file permissions. This should not be a problem. Now take a look at the file location I mention above and change that logo and we should be good to go.

akwasi_c Friend

It works, and thanks Phill for your help

Phill Moderator

Well done and good luck with your site.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum