Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi! I just wanted to introduce my first Joomla! based website at SassyShowers.com – Bridal Showers Ideas for Wedding Parties and Showers.

I used Ja-Spica since I really like the design and its easy to customise. Actually, I liked a lot of Joomlart’s templates, but I eventually settled on this one. I’m new to Joomla so I wouldn’t know how to build my website without this template! I only had one tiny difficulty with the template and it was resolved quickly, thanks to this forum.

The site is fairly new, (still under construction and still lacks content) but I thought I might get some input on how I can improve the site since I’m not a designer. I’ve stripped down the design, but I maintained the basic template structure and I plan to publish some right modules in the next days. I’m kinda going for a magazine-type website.

Cheers!

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hi deng,

Congrats on the new site, deng 🙂 ! The white background you did with Spica is really nice.

I’ve just visited your site today and saw that there’re a lot more contents. The whole site is fresh and bright … I really like this taste of look 😎 .

If you need any help, feel free to request us. We are here to help!

Cheers!

deng Friend

Thanks for the kind words.

I’m re-doing the site, though, because I got confused with the top-navigation tabs. For some reason I get the links mixed up, so some of the top-navigation tabs are not always highlighted as active when content items under them are displayed on full view. Fortunately, I understand it better now.

Thanks for the great template again!

jamesac Friend

I am curious what you are using for the Article Index here:

http://sassyshowers.com/planning/articles/how-to-plan-a-bridal-shower.html

Very nice. Is that a mambot?

Hung Dinh Friend

this bot is Joomla! built-in, you can make the list look better and relevant by adding the title to the bot, eg:

{mospagebreak title= Break down a little further}

As I am using at: http://www.joomlart.com/tutorials/templates_tutorial/understanding_mambo_css_in_5_minutes.html

deng Friend

Hi jamesac!

Yes, its a built-in mambot from the core.

You can use:

{mospagebreak title=Title You Want for the Page}

within the content to add a title for every new page. In my case, I use

{mospagebreak heading=Heading You Want for the First Page of the Article&title=Title You Want for the Page}

The “heading” changes the first item in the index to a new title. You can check this in my article about planning a bridal shower (I changed the url from the one you quoted above).

Hope this helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  deng 17 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum