Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Just a suggestion, to avoid back and forth clarification, if not provided. Maybe there should be separate main forum section for the 1.5 releases. The bugs and issues encountered in 1.5 will be different from those of the 1.0.x.

=> 1,5
    => => Bugs
    => => Suggestions/Wishlist
    => => Templates
    => => => JA Avian
    => => => JA Teline
    etc.

=> 1,0.x
    existing

To avoid a very very long forum sections list, maybe the templates be maid as “child forum boards”

This separation is done by Coppermine PhotoGallery, Community Builder, etc.

Cornelio

Menalto Friend

We have talked about it and not sure how we gonna do it yet…..

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Menalto 38735 wrote:</em><blockquote>We have talked about it and not sure how we gonna do it yet…..</blockquote>

Menalto:
    Check the Coppermine PhotoGallery (CPG) and the Community Builder (CB) Sites. Maybe I am more used to it, but I prefer the layout of the Forum of CPG over that of CB.

If Joomlart is using Fireboard and SMF for its Forum, using the childboard option saves space for the layout presentation in the “Intro Page” of the forum — otherwise there are just too many templates to be displayed as “flat board” as is done here in Joomlart. I am not sure if the vBulletin is able to do the same.

I suggested the general layout in the first post. I did not include the “general introductory or common” forum section but if I were to set up the Joomlart Forum, I would still place them at the top, as they are now.

• I. JoomlArt
    • See existing sub-Forums

• II. JoomlArt Public Forums

• III. JA Members Exchange

• IV. Joomlart Templates
      1. A. Joomla 1.5 Templates
      2. => Present each Template Forum as Childboards
        One possibility is to present the the newer ones, and separately the most popular as regular sub-Forum boards
        The older or least popular once will be presented as childboards

3. B. Joomla 1.0.x Templates
      4. => Present each Template Forum as Childboards
        Since these are likely to be less visited, they are all presented as childboards

Cornelio

bigrk Friend

I posted about this in another thread. It would really help to separate the Joomla 1.5 and 1.0 templates into different forums.

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@Menalto 38735 wrote:</em><blockquote>We have talked about it and not sure how we gonna do it yet…..</blockquote>
    It can certainly be done

bigrk Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 38888 wrote:</em><blockquote>It can certainly be done</blockquote>

You really should push to have it done.

Menalto Friend

I agree, and as long as the users post in the correct forum too it will help alot. The way it is not we need to guess which version they use:confused:

cgc0202 Friend

Wow, a post thread where everyone so far agrees.:)

Menalto Friend

We need to find the best solution for set it up so its easy for us all to make a post in the correct forum.
    And we should have a resolved section in each template forum.
    The users need to be better to write headlines for the post.
    When a user write: Its not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it wont work, but if they write: JA-News dont rotate? its easier for us all to find things again, and if things have been resolved.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Menalto 38922 wrote:</em><blockquote>We need to find the best solution for set it up so its easy for us all to make a post in the correct forum.
    And we should have a resolved section in each template forum.
    The users need to be better to write headlines for the post.
    When a user write: Its not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it wont work, but if they write: JA-News dont rotate? its easier for us all to find things again, and if things have been resolved.</blockquote>

Defined protocol for request for help

Consider the approach taken by Coppermine PhotoGallery. They will not respond to any request for help, unless the poster provides some basic info:

The link to the site,
    The version of the program used (in this case Joomla and Joomlart)
    And, in this case, the PHP and MySQL versions: one of Khanh Le’s post indicated that some Joomlart script did not work because the user was using a old version of MySQL

If there is any error, to post the error message, and the actions done that led to the error message.

Any other?

The said requirements must be placed as a separate Forum thread.

If that is done. Instead of the usual request for this and that — one of the Moderators would just respond:

Provide the information indicated in this link, before we can address your request.

If all those who plan to help, especially the Moderators, stick to this strategy. At some point, everyone who would request for help will adhere to the policy. That will mean less back and forth request for this and that — usually requiring several postings from both sides — a waste of time, especially those of the Moderators and all those who wanted to help.

the last resort, for the Moderator to ask Admin privileges in order to be able to debug a very difficult problem.

Transparency in the resolution of a problem

I noticed that many moderators prefer private messaging to solve a problem. And, they do get solved. The only problem with this approach is that not everyone benefits from this approach. If the problem solving process has been public and well-documented, every resolved request for help becomes a tutorial.

The specific situations that were solved become a rich part of the database of the Tutorial.

Cornelio

pixsym Friend

Deleted by member

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  pixsym 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum