Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi, what is the most simple and secure way tho change and/or add a new color scheme?
    (If I do not want to choose one of thoose dark/light orange, blue and green but would like to create on by my own. I was thinking about that is why ThemeMagic for…. but seems odd.)
    It also seems that dynamic generated css is giving the color but it must be hardcoded somewhere.

Thank you,

Mark

Ninja Lead Moderator

If you don’t want to use existing theme: dark/light orange, blue and green. You can create to new theme by:

+ Go to Admin site -> Extensions-> Template Manager -> ThemeMagic button

+ Change parameters option from Scaffolding, Visual, Module, Typo, Grid

+ Save as new theme

+ Go back Admin site -> Theme tabs -> assign this new created theme to a style you want

1. thememagic_2
    2. thememagic_1
    3. thememagic
    mberwing Friend

Hello,

I followed exactly the instructions but the new theme is not reflecting the changes I made via ThemeMagic.
    I have only changed the background colour.
    When I check the theme in ThemeMagic it is o.k….but not on the page itself, although the theme has been selected and is enabled.
    I have deleted the cache but no changes

palos Friend

Thank you Ninja Lead,
    I tried the same several times but unsuccessful.
    Now I followed your instructions as a dumb newbie but did not get anything better.
    + Save as new theme -> Unexpected error. Please refresh the page try again later. (on a pink background)
    Moreover it is not appearing at ThemeMagic in the “Theme” dropdown list… strange.
    But this is just an odd issue (well, I can say it makes this option unusable :(()

My REAL PROBLEM is that I want to create a NEW STYLE as like blue/green/orange and dark/light. It changes a lot of css line in several CSS files what I do not want to mine out and change manually*.

Lets say I need a “pink” styled site… how should I get it?
    Thinking not just the site’s background and text/link color but also:
    – Background of the masshead,
    – NEXT button background
    – Back to top
    – Chart
    – Shop
    – Read More
    …and many more like you did at those predefined themes//styles.

My guess is that it is somewhere in a php or xml file and just need to give a new value what changes all.
    *It seems to be generated dynamically while the actual css’s have no unique name.
    Maybe I was not accurate but I found nothing in the documentation.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@mberwing and @palosutca: You can have look at video tutorial about ThemeMagic Customization for reference: http://t3-framework.org/video-series.html

If problem still persists on your site, you can pm me URL and admin login info of your site, I will help you to check it

mberwing Friend

I followed the instructions in training video….but the issue still persists.
    Have sent you a PM with login details

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@mberwing 403733 wrote:</em><blockquote>I followed the instructions in training video….but the issue still persists.
    Have sent you a PM with login details</blockquote>

I have helped you to change from black to blue background directly on your site, see the screenshot

+ Front-end

+ Back-end

You can check it again, let me know if it helps

1. theme
    2. Back-end
    3. Back-end_1
    mberwing Friend

Hello Ninja,

thanks a lot ….it works as expected.
    I changed now the colour to my prefered one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mberwing 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum