Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I created a new menu item in the magazine menu, and I created a new category for it as well. The menu items appears fine, but when I publish a new article under the new category that I created, it does not show up under the menu in “latest news”. The article also does not appear in the featured news on the front page. The article doesn’t appear anywhere except when I go directly to the link where the blog category is located. You can log in and take a look if you need to. The menu item that I created was “Music News” in the magazine menu. The category that I created is also called “Music News”. The new article that I created is call “Cold 187”.

TomC Moderator

Okay, this is bugging me . . . i’ve been trying to review/study what might be different within your category configurations between “Music News” and “Music Interviews” – because when I tested assigning “Cold 187” to “Music Interviews,” the article displayed within the Featured Articles list (within the mega-menu dropdown). But, when I switched it back, it disappeared again. Both categories seem to be configured the same – so it’s somewhat perplexing.

Here’s an experiment idea . . . . disable your Music News category (temporarily) and “copy” your “Music Interviews” category to create a new category. Then, only RENAME the newly copied category to “Music News” in the category title field –> edon’t change anything else. Enable/Publish the category and then assign the “Cold 187” article to this newly created “Music News” category and see if the article shows up in the Featured Articles” list.

Again, this is just an experiment – to see if we can “kick start” this new category by cloning a category we already know works.

Let me know what happens.

jakubd Friend

Thank you for looking. I tried it, but it didn’t work, same problem. I tried creating a new article too. :((

n6rej Friend

<em>@jakubd 291341 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for looking. I tried it, but it didn’t work, same problem. I tried creating a new article too. :((</blockquote>
    you’ve got some serious database indexing issues going on. Joomla by its very nature does not permit having duplicate alias’s like you have showing there. How that even happened I haven’t the foggiest clue. But now your database is very confused as to what belongs where. You will need to clean up all duplicates and reindex the database in order for things to begin to work properly.
    Please understand this is a joomla issue not our software.
    My recommendation is to try first, deleting all duplicate alias’s in the entire joomla installation, then emptying the trash. The clean all cache’s and make a new single entry. Try it.. if it fails contact joomla and ask for assistance in repairing your database.

1. 2011-12-26_2151
    jakubd Friend

I tried changing all the aliases and cleaning the cache, and I also started deleting the aliases to create new ones, but I don’t know what they’re supposed to look like. They were installed with the template. Using this template has just been a nightmare from the start. I’ve spent all my time just trying to get it to work right and I’ve already missed my deadlines. I don’t have time to comb through the hundreds of items and remake them. I’m just going to reinstall everything and redo all of my work. If it still doesn’t work after that than can I still get my money back?

n6rej Friend

<em>@jakubd 291352 wrote:</em><blockquote>I tried changing all the aliases and cleaning the cache, and I also started deleting the aliases to create new ones, but I don’t know what they’re supposed to look like. They were installed with the template. Using this template has just been a nightmare from the start. I’ve spent all my time just trying to get it to work right and I’ve already missed my deadlines. I don’t have time to comb through the hundreds of items and remake them. I’m just going to reinstall everything and redo all of my work. If it still doesn’t work after that than can I still get my money back?</blockquote>
    idk about the refund you’d have to ask billing, but honestly I’ve NEVER seen joomla do that before. Not in 7 years. Did you copy data from a different database? Did you do a migration?
    There has to be a root cause. And its not the template.

jakubd Friend

I installed a fresh copy of Joomla in a new directory and only added the template. I didn’t migrate any data or anything. I actually wanted everything to be fresh so that I wouldn’t have any of these problems. I don’t know why it’s doing it either, but I’ve had a lot of issues with the template itself. I’m really hoping that reinstalling everything again will just fix the problems because it’s going to take a really long time to get everything back to how I had it.

n6rej Friend

here’s my suggested install.. do the quickstart.. if its version 1.6 J! you might need a patch.. check #__menu where #_ is your prefix for joomla db for a item with id=1 if it doesn’t exist let me know ( this is in the db of course ) if it does then go to step 2
    update J!
    #3 update ALL of JA extensions
    #4 test.

jakubd Friend

I actually came back to this and tried a fresh install in a new directory with a brand new database, and it’s still doing the same thing. I installed everything from the latest quick-start install.

n6rej Friend

which J! version, and Teline4 version are you using please. And did you use JAEM after doing the quickstart?

jakubd Friend

<em>@n6rej 301092 wrote:</em><blockquote>which J! version, and Teline4 version are you using please. And did you use JAEM after doing the quickstart?</blockquote>

I used the latest quick start installation package for JA Teline IV Joomla 2.5 (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20381). After I installed it, I installed the available updates via the extension manager, and other than customizing the header, I didn’t do anything else.

I just tried it again. It happens if I install the sample data during the installation. It creates duplicate menu entries.

jakubd Friend

<em>@n6rej 291345 wrote:</em><blockquote>you’ve got some serious database indexing issues going on. Joomla by its very nature does not permit having duplicate alias’s like you have showing there. How that even happened I haven’t the foggiest clue. But now your database is very confused as to what belongs where. You will need to clean up all duplicates and reindex the database in order for things to begin to work properly.
    Please understand this is a joomla issue not our software.
    My recommendation is to try first, deleting all duplicate alias’s in the entire joomla installation, then emptying the trash. The clean all cache’s and make a new single entry. Try it.. if it fails contact joomla and ask for assistance in repairing your database.</blockquote>

BTW. I took a look at the SQL code from the latest JA Teline IV quick start package, and it looks like the SQL code creates the duplicate aliases, not Joomla.

These are the values from the code:

INSERT INTO `#__menu` (`id`, `menutype`, `title`, `alias`, `note`, `path`, `link`, `type`, `published`, `parent_id`, `level`, `component_id`, `ordering`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `browserNav`, `access`, `img`, `template_style_id`, `params`, `lft`, `rgt`, `home`, `language`, `client_id`) VALUES

These are a few of the entries (notice the alias values are the same):

(522, ‘magazine’, ‘Latest News’, ‘latest-news’, ”, ‘sport/latest-news’, ”, ‘separator’, 1, 514, 2, 0, 2, 0, ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’, 0, 1, ”, 0, ‘{“menu_image”:””,”menu_text”:1,”mega_showtitle”:”1″,”mega_desc”:””,”mega_cols”:”1″,”mega_group”:”1″,”mega_width”:”310″,”mega_colw”:””,”mega_colxw”:””,”mega_class”:””,”mega_subcontent”:”mod”,”mega_subcontent_mod_modules”:[“122″]}’, 542, 543, 0, ‘*’, 0);

(532, ‘magazine’, ‘Latest News’, ‘latest-news’, ”, ‘artist/latest-news’, ”, ‘separator’, 1, 524, 2, 0, 2, 0, ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’, 0, 1, ”, 0, ‘{“menu_image”:””,”menu_text”:1,”mega_showtitle”:”1″,”mega_desc”:””,”mega_cols”:”1″,”mega_group”:”1″,”mega_width”:”310″,”mega_colw”:””,”mega_colxw”:””,”mega_class”:””,”mega_subcontent”:”mod”,”mega_subcontent_mod_modules”:[“128″]}’, 522, 523, 0, ‘*’, 0),

(539, ‘magazine’, ‘Latest News’, ‘latest-news’, ”, ‘travel/latest-news’, ”, ‘separator’, 1, 534, 2, 0, 2, 0, ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’, 0, 1, ”, 0, ‘{“menu_image”:””,”menu_text”:1,”mega_showtitle”:”1″,”mega_desc”:””,”mega_cols”:”1″,”mega_group”:”1″,”mega_width”:”310″,”mega_colw”:””,”mega_colxw”:””,”mega_class”:””,”mega_subcontent”:”mod”,”mega_subcontent_mod_modules”:[“127″]}’, 502, 503, 0, ‘*’, 0),

(549, ‘magazine’, ‘Latest News’, ‘latest-news’, ”, ‘life/latest-news’, ”, ‘separator’, 1, 541, 2, 0, 2, 0, ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’, 0, 1, ”, 0, ‘{“menu_image”:””,”menu_text”:1,”mega_showtitle”:”1″,”mega_desc”:””,”mega_cols”:”1″,”mega_group”:”1″,”mega_width”:”310″,”mega_colw”:””,”mega_colxw”:””,”mega_class”:””,”mega_subcontent”:”mod”,”mega_subcontent_mod_modules”:[“126”]}’, 488, 489, 0, ‘*’, 0),

And so forth…

If someone could please guide me in the right direction, please, or just log into my site and get this working, I would really appreciate it. I just need to get this working as soon as possible. I have tried reinstalling the quick start package from scratch since my original post, so the articles and categories that I mentioned in my first post are gone, however you can still see the problem if you try to publish a new featured article. The article will not appear on the front page or in any of the latest news sections on the front page.

n6rej Friend

I’ve forwarded this to the devs, as I can confirm this is a bug.
    AFS-194-88762

jakubd Friend

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I’ll keep checking back.

n6rej Friend

customer reports solved

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum