Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    We have some long category names, which “break” the layout of the “New Articles” block, sometimes the article title drops down to row 3, which means it only visible by half.

Can someone tell me how to set an override for this layout, to show only two articles/row, instead of three? Only showing two articles/row means it will fit every time.

Second question regarding “New Articles” block: It shows an amount of articles as new, which amount is that? If I set to show only today’s articles, it show the same amount as if I set 10 days… If I set today’s articles, only 2 is shown, but the module say there is 42 articles new. Is it not “dynamical”? Does it always set the amount of xx days?

Third question: in which language file can I change the phrase “New articles”?

With kind regards,
    – Johan.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Johan,

It’s best if you can post your site’s URL here and some screenshot illustrates how you want it should be. I will suggest you further.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Johan,

It’s best if you can post your site’s URL here and some screenshot illustrates how you want it should be. I will suggest you further.

hstrom Friend

Hi,
    The site is http://www.tidningenkulturen.se. Here you can see a screenshot:

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/5366/20150831-taq9-115kb

Another solution is to have the boxes bigger in height…

With kind regards,
    – Johan.

hstrom Friend

Hi,
    The site is http://www.tidningenkulturen.se. Here you can see a screenshot:

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/5366/20150831-taq9-115kb

Another solution is to have the boxes bigger in height…

With kind regards,
    – Johan.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Johan,

You can try this way:

Open templates/ja_teline_v/css/custom.css file and new add rule

.whatsnew-wrap .link-item {
    height: 82px;
    }

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Johan,

You can try this way:

Open templates/ja_teline_v/css/custom.css file and new add rule

height: 82px;
    }

Let me know if it helps

Regards

hstrom Friend

Sorry, it doesn’t seem to do the trick:

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/5366/20150831-nxj7-111kb

With kind regards,
    – Johan.

hstrom Friend

Sorry, it doesn’t seem to do the trick:

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/5366/20150831-nxj7-111kb

With kind regards,
    – Johan.

hstrom Friend

<em>@hstrom 489740 wrote:</em><blockquote>Second question regarding “New Articles” block: It shows an amount of articles as new, which amount is that? If I set to show only today’s articles, it show the same amount as if I set 10 days… If I set today’s articles, only 2 is shown, but the module say there is 42 articles new. Is it not “dynamical”? Does it always set the amount of xx days?

</blockquote>

Any ideas regarding these two questions?

Regarding the third question, I would also like to translate the date phrases (“mon”, “tue” etc) in the date box beside the “New articles” box, is it done at the same place?

With kind regards,
    – Johan.

hstrom Friend

<em>@hstrom 489740 wrote:</em><blockquote>Second question regarding “New Articles” block: It shows an amount of articles as new, which amount is that? If I set to show only today’s articles, it show the same amount as if I set 10 days… If I set today’s articles, only 2 is shown, but the module say there is 42 articles new. Is it not “dynamical”? Does it always set the amount of xx days?

</blockquote>

Any ideas regarding these two questions?

Regarding the third question, I would also like to translate the date phrases (“mon”, “tue” etc) in the date box beside the “New articles” box, is it done at the same place?

With kind regards,
    – Johan.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@hstrom: From #4 you need to add !important like as:

height: 82px !important;
    }

+ About the translate the date phrases (“mon”, “tue” etc) in the date box beside the “New articles” box

Open templates/ja_teline_v/html/layouts/joomla/content/info_block/publish_date.php file

find and change

<?php echo JHtml::_('date', $displayData['item']->publish_up, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC3')); ?>

to

<?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE_ON', JHtml::_('date', $displayData['item']->publish_up, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC3'))); ?>

+ The second of your request, hope my explain below will help you clear

Number of Articles: Total articles to show into New Article block
    Day Numbers: From publish date each item plus with day numbers to show in New Article block

Ninja Lead Moderator

@hstrom: From #4 you need to add !important like as:

}

+ About the translate the date phrases (“mon”, “tue” etc) in the date box beside the “New articles” box

Open templates/ja_teline_v/html/layouts/joomla/content/info_block/publish_date.php file

find and change

<?php echo JHtml::_('date', $displayData['item']->publish_up, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC3')); ?>

to

<?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_PUBLISHED_DATE_ON', JHtml::_('date', $displayData['item']->publish_up, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC3'))); ?>

Day Numbers: From publish date each item plus with day numbers to show in New Article block

hstrom Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 489988 wrote:</em><blockquote>@hstrom: From #4 you need to add !important like as:

}

</blockquote>

Thanks, works like a charm!

<em>@Ninja Lead 489988 wrote:</em><blockquote>

find and change

to

</blockquote>

I have made this change, but how do I translate the “mon”, “tue” etc and “NEW ARTICLES”?

</blockquote>

Sorry, I do not really understand. I understand that “Number of articles” is a fixed number – even if the system finds more articles, it only show this number of articles, right?

But “Day numbers”? If I, for example, have 9 new articles today and I set “Number of articles” to 99 and “Day numbers” to 1, shouldn’t it show “9 NEW ARTICLES” in front end and show 9 articles?

Right now I have this setting for the module at http://www.tidningenkulturen.se. And it show 9 articles in the list, but the module says “50 NEW ARTICLES”. Why 50? It’s confusing… The visitor click the module and get the list of 9 articles, he will be wondering where the rest is..?

With kind regards,
    – Johan.

hstrom Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 489988 wrote:</em><blockquote>@hstrom: From #4 you need to add !important like as:

}

</blockquote>

Thanks, works like a charm!

find and change

to

</blockquote>

I have made this change, but how do I translate the “mon”, “tue” etc and “NEW ARTICLES”?

</blockquote>

Sorry, I do not really understand. I understand that “Number of articles” is a fixed number – even if the system finds more articles, it only show this number of articles, right?

But “Day numbers”? If I, for example, have 9 new articles today and I set “Number of articles” to 99 and “Day numbers” to 1, shouldn’t it show “9 NEW ARTICLES” in front end and show 9 articles?

Right now I have this setting for the module at http://www.tidningenkulturen.se. And it show 9 articles in the list, but the module says “50 NEW ARTICLES”. Why 50? It’s confusing… The visitor click the module and get the list of 9 articles, he will be wondering where the rest is..?

With kind regards,
    – Johan.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum