Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a client whom I’ve had on this template since 2008, and she loves it and doesn’t want to change. I’ve upgraded her to J1.5.26, but at some point pretty soon the upgrade patches are going to stop coming for 1.5.x and I’ll need to upgrade her to 2.5.x.

Are there any plans to upgrade this template to work in the 2.5 environment?

Thanks.

Phill Moderator

Nice jon on Galena there. Sadly though at this time there are not plans to update this particular template as far as I am aware (though Hung does like to suprise us at times). The developers are going to look at some of the older templates with regards to updating them. From what I understand they would simply be updated and not made to run on JAT3 framework, To do that would be as much work as creating a new template. Last time I asked there were no absolute plans as to which templates would be updated so I cannot say when or if this particular style would be included in that. Maybe it is time to go for a stunning new look? You seem to be good at the astetics so I am sure that one of the newer JAT3 templates you couldwork your magic on.

whamprod Friend

Thank you for the compliment. I would normally be bold about suggesting a snazzy new template and have done so in the past with other clients. The problem with this particular site is twofold:

1. My client’s business is a rustic bed & breakfast located in rural Texas, and the look of this template perfectly compliments her location (you have to see it to believe its peaceful beauty) and her personality. JA_Galena has a “cowboy” look to it, and it perfectly embodies her business. It’s actually quite unique. I’ve never seen another template from Joomlart or any other provider quite like it. I think that its uniqueness makes it a good candidate for upgrading to 1.7/2.5 because it is so different from all the other offerings. Joomlart makes nice clean and professional looking templates, and there ar dozens and dozens of them. But JA_Galena is the only that has that truly rustic look.
    2. My client is an older woman who is very very sweet (we love her like she was our own mother), but she is not very computer saavy. She knows what she likes, and this is it. She will most likely be resistant to “updating” the look of her website to something more modern. I want to avoid this if at all possible.

If I sound like I’m pleading my case here….I am. I sincerely hope that I can convince Hung that it is worthwhile doing.

Thanks again for your input.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  whamprod 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum