Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I looked through a bunch of forum posts about the JA News2 module, and it looks like this issue is not resolved. On our website, http://www.newsroompanama.com/index.php, we have several sections displayed within the JA News2 module. I need to be able to control which categories within these sections are displayed. For example, the first section displayed in the JA News2 module is ‘News and Features’ and it is displaying sections Business, Environment, and What The Papers Say. We have a total of 9 categories within our News and Features section, and I need to chose which categories are displayed. Ideally I want the categories Panama, Latin America, and North America displayed. These are the most important and most often updated categories within this section, so it really doesn’t make sense to show any other categories. You can see all of the categories within the News and Features section by viewing them in the *magazine menu at the top of the page. Please help!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi robchocolate

Please check this thread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-news-2-order-categories/

robchocolate Friend

I do not have permission to view that thread:

“robchocolate, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. You need to be come our Joomla/Magento Club Member to access to support forum or download area of members. Depend on your subscriptions, your account will be granted with access to appropriate forums & download sections. Member with active Joomla Template/Extension Club can access Joomla Template forums while Magento Club membership while member with active Magento License can access Magento forums?”

Saguaros Moderator

Here is the solution of ja developer
    <blockquote>
    Hi gregbanig

For the case, i think you should order these categories via ordering field and then open modules/ja_news2/helper.php file, at about line 413, find following code:

$query = "SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=" . ( int ) $sid . $where;
    $db->setQuery ( $query, 0, $limit );

and change to:

$query = "SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=" . ( int ) $sid . $where;

$query .= " ORDER BY s.ordering ASC"; //$query .= " ORDER BY s.id ASC";
    $db->setQuery ( $query, 0, $limit );

</blockquote>

dodoni Friend

I m very confused with this issue, too. I opened a thread, sent a ticket, and the answers mostly direct to category ordering but not to choice of categories that i need.

I want/have 3 columns and i want to display 6 categories out of a total of 7 that i have. With 7 categories, there is an aisthetic problem, where the first to rows of categories are fine, and there is a a 3rd row, with only one category and a big “gap” next to it.

Am i missing sth and this ordering solution is the solution for me and for robchocolate , or not?
    By trying this ordering solution, i managed to order the categories, but not to choose for displaying in janews2, the 6 out of 7.

wchua Friend

Hi, I like your web site robchocolate but I am having trouble modifying myjanews2 section. http://www.study2live.com. How did you insert your own content? I know how to delete the sections and change their titles, but can’t seem to modify the content.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi wchua

For the case, you have to go to modules/ja_news2/tmpl to modify blog.php and blog_item.php file

Saguaros Moderator
    madeline63 Friend

hi,

i am trying to show my 1 section with 10 categories by using ja news2 module. (not at frontpage)

but how?? i am not good in coding.

anyone can help??

i am using Ja teline iii

wchua Friend

i’ll look into this and post something if it comes up.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear madeline63!

The ja new2 module is integrated with the teline iii module: the template display color theme via the theme configured in the “SECTION IDs” parameter inside the ja news2 ‘s configuration,. so that the module usually uses once and put on the front-page and configure theme for all sections in the “SECTION IDs” parameter.

I think that with your caseL you should not use

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum