Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Trying to upload google analytics to my site & when I check out the index.php file in templates/jaTiris/, there is only some code which reads-
    //Need to install or enable JAT3 Plugin
    echo JText::_(‘MISSING_JAT3_FRAMEWORK_PLUGIN’)

I checked the plugin & it is installed, the site is live & working fine, I initially did a quick install too, I see someone else had the same issue, thing is they were recommended to start again, error when uploading, however as I said this site is live & lots of work gone into it, so not an option just to start again.

Any ideas why it is not recognizing that JAT3 framework plugin is installed. Thanks

hortitrends Friend

By the way, I just checked another site I created as a quick install, & it to has the same issue. ????

swissa Friend

If I am understanding you correctly this is in every index.php file in a template folder. If T3 isn’t installed this will show on the front page to let the user know he needs to install T3 plugin.

Hope I’ve understood you correctly here.

If you want an easy way to get Google Analytics into your site – I use this plugin. Works well in my experience.

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/analytics/site-analytics-google-based/17124

If you want to put it into the code itself you can look at this thread which should help you. – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/installation-of-google-analytics/#post-378668

hortitrends Friend

Thanks for your quick reply, the index.php file is in templates/ja_tiris which is the same file when I go into administrator & select templates/edit template / edit main page. but contains a small bit of php & this code
    //Need to install or enable JAT3 Plugin
    echo JText::_(‘MISSING_JAT3_FRAMEWORK_PLUGIN’) Yes I did a test and uninstalled T3, but the same broke, message on frontend need to install T3. So it is install but why does my index.php file have this error? I will try with the extensions but normally just put it in manually.

swissa Friend

JA templates work on T3 so this is included (I believe) in the template folder and all it does is inform the user that this template requires T3 to work. It does’t actually do anything apart from that. (Pedant alert – it checks to see if T3 is installed and if it isn’t it returns an error message.) So this isn’t an error.

All the system files for T3 live in root/plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/…..

If you follow Phills advice in the thread I linked to you can copy a file, (default.php) from there across to your template folder so that whenever T3 is updated it doesn’t overwrite your extra code. Anything for T3 stored in template-name/page/ takes preference over the base files and doesn’t get overwritten by a T3 upgrade. Another reason why T3 is so flexible.

Hope that helps explain it for you. 🙂

hortitrends Friend

Thanks so much,I kinda understand, where is the file you linked, There is no link in the email, and where exactly do I put the default.php,
    in plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/Page/?

swissa Friend

<em>@hortitrends 307933 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks so much,I kinda understand, where is the file you linked, There is no link in the email, and where exactly do I put the default.php,
    in plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/Page/?</blockquote>

Other way round. You take a copy from plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/page

<em>@phill luckhurst 224154 wrote:</em><blockquote>Copy the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>page>default.php into templates>ja_your-template-name>page>default.php and insert your analytics code just before the tag as per below.

Code:

showBlock (‘head’); ?> getBlocksXML (‘head’), ‘block’); foreach ($blocks as $block) : $this->showBlock ($block); endforeach; ?> showBlock (‘css’) ?>************YOUR ANALYTICS CODE HERE*************
    </blockquote>

You’ll have to make a new folder called ‘page’ under your template and drop the file in there. Then you can edit it. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum