Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I know I ask for a lot???

Anonymous Moderator

Hi chacapamac,

Please let me in detail your question

chacapamac Friend

The module JA Content Slide target only one category in the module parameters… It will be great to be able to target multiple category or even section like many other modules and component by id follow by a comma.
    ex
    Section: 12, 34, 56
    categories: 23, 43. 12

Can I hack this?

TomC Moderator

Isn’t it designed so that you can target an article type, and it will display the image you put in each article you designate of that type?

I agree, though . . . I would LOVE to be able to set custom images (similar to slideshow) and have a custom link for each image.

chacapamac Friend

What I want to do is to be able to target multiple categories or even section.
    I probably need a hack….

Work perfectly at http://www.grafcomm.ca/joomlagraf/opal/

For some reason I have to augment the z-index of the left control

Do you have an explanation of the parameters somewhere….

Really need that hack……… 🙂

David Porré Friend

Hi chacapamac,

Have you solved this problem ? Found a hack to show section or multiple categories ?
    I really need this hack also…

Hoping for answers,
    Best Regards,
    David aka Shapes

David Porré Friend

Hello,

I managed to be able to choose sections instead of categories in the backend configuration of the module by replacing “catid” with “secid” on files “mod_ja_contentslide.php”, “mod_ja_contentslide.xml” & “application.php”…

Thought it would work, but I got “JA Content Slide Error: There is not any content in this category” error when trying to view it on the website… 🙁

Someone any ideas ?

Best regards,
    David aka Shapes

David Porré Friend

Tryin’ to update this thread…
    No one any idea ? I really need this done…

Hoping for answers,
    Best regards,
    David aka Shapes

Saguaros Moderator

Hello chacapamac!

I have the solution for you. you must to done some works as following:

1) you must to download the lastest version, you will upgrade for your module, you can get this from the JA Mona Template.
    2) i have two options for you choose:
    a) we will make a litte change with config and code, it ‘s very simple to display artilces from multiple categories ( not use for sections )
    b)to doing something as you expected, we will make heavy task , it ‘s complex work, I can done all

now, i will post solution for option a:
    you open file modules/mod_ja_contentslide/mod_ja_contentslide.xml, you find code at line 71:

[PHP]
    <param name=”catid” type=”mos_category” default=”0″ label=”Category” description=”A content cateogry” />
    [/PHP]
    You replace it by :

<[PHP]
    param name=”catid” type=”text” default=”0″ label=”Category” description=”A content cateogry” />
    [/PHP]

Finally, you put ids of category in option “Category” (@example: 1,2,4), update and testing, I make sure that it work done 🙂

David Porré Friend

Hello tienhc,

Thank you, indeed, it works !!!

I even didn’t have to update the module, just made the code change you wrote, and it rolls.

Best regards,
    David aka Shapes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  David Porré 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum