Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

We REALLY need this template for 1.6.
    1.6 has accessability features we really need (ease of use for some who will be working on the site) and JA-Sulfur is the template look we need.

Please help to make this the next conversion!

TomC Moderator

J1.6 is actually not going to be long lived . . . with J1.7 set for release right around the corner.

If the JA Team were to upgrade this template for J1.6, it would be virtually obsolete before the end of the year. Your best bet is to either work with the current version for the time being or wait for J1.7 to be released (currently scheduled for next month) and the subsequent template conversions.

Anonymous Moderator

Yes, we have paused the upgrade process for templates to Joomla 1.6 and will continue the upgrade of older templates to Joomla 1.7 once we move all our Joomla 1.6 templates and extensions to Joomla 1.7.

raulmvega Friend

<em>@TomC 253661 wrote:</em><blockquote> wait for J1.7 to be released (currently scheduled for next month) and the subsequent template conversions.</blockquote>

Hi!

It’s november… when is expected the 1.7 version of this template?

Thanks

TomC Moderator

<em>@raulmvega 281182 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi!

It’s november… when is expected the 1.7 version of this template?

Thanks</blockquote>
    At present, there is no definitive timeframe/schedule for the update of JA Sulfur for J1.7.

Please keep watch of our UPDATES[/url] section for announcements.

cybernun Friend

TOM–
    Where is the 1.7 version of Ja Sulphur????? REALLY NEED IT LIKE MANY OTHERS FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL TEMPLATE.
    Thanks.

TomC Moderator

Unfortunately – at this point in time – my response is the same as it was on 06 Nov 2011 – albeit with a bit of a modification

With the pending advent of the next LTR (Long Term Release) in Joomla 2.5 (slated for last half of Jan 2012), our JA Senior Staff and Devs are currently assessing the prudency of planning for updating our JATC Template Catalog for J2.5 – as opposed to devoting the time and resources for updating the catalog for the interim J1.7.

As J2.5 remains in the beta stage at this point, we will not be able to assess our plan-of-action until such time as either J2.5RC (release candidate) is released or J2.5 stable is ultimately released (as we do not want to design/update for a beta or RC release that is fraught with bugs and errors).

Hope that makes some logical sense at this time . . . and we most certainly appreciate your patience with this process.

sakari Friend

I have been following this conversation for a long time and wanted to join me!
    We have been mid February, and yet no 2.5 Release!
    Are there any new information?

Thanks in advance!
    🙂

cybernun Friend

THE JOOMLART TEAM IS OBVIOUSLY WORKING INCREDIBLY HARD. Am very grateful for all that you do and for maintaining one of the best Forums around. The SULPHUR template is the most elegant and sophisticated for artistic sites and it’s PAINFUL that it is not available in 1.7. I understand that you might update for 2.5 (thrilled that you are moving this GORGEOUS template forward) so I suppose I shall have to be happy with that. :-*:-*

I still hoping though. 1.7, 1.7, 1.7…….Sakari, you may have to abandon any hope for 1.6.

psycho_bob Friend

I connect myself. i would love to see this template for joomla 2.5.

sakari Friend

Hello dear Joomla team, we are already in March and not yet have a view of a template 2.5 Update!
    Will it really give an update?

:(( :(( :((

TomC Moderator

At this time JA still does not know whether there will be a big push to go and re-visit older templates and add new features to them. JA still have a number of components to update and test and those are the priority at the moment. JA Voice, JA Comment and JA Job Board are examples of big components that are actively being worked on.

However, it is my understanding that our JA Devs have given the “thumbs up” to agreeing to update a number of our older J1.5 Templates – though there is neither a list nor timeframe we can provide at this particular time as to when this will occur. In the meantime, there ARE methods to update the Joomla version manually – from J1.5 to J1.7/J2.5 – instructions for which are available within our Member Community Forum Sections.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum