Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have migrated my website from JA Teline V to Ja Magz II template. I have been able to work out most of the sections, but there are still few things that isn’t working as they ought to.

_

Here are the list of issues (Total 6):

_

1. Fixed with redirect. Tags: Clicking on any tags on the website returns nothing. For eg. Apple

# nginx configuration
    location /component {
    rewrite ^/component/tags/tag/(.*)$ http://www.example.com/tags/$1 redirect;
    }

2. Fixed by adding full article image. Intro Image: Intro Image doesn’t appear in article view at the top of the article, right below the article title. See Image

3. No image in search: Search results have no image. See image

4. Fixed – See Saguaros’s reply. Category blog view: Category listing doesn’t include articles from subcategories. E.g. – enter link description here While one category lists the articles from subcategories in random order, rest of them just display the article from parent category only.

5. Related Articles: Related articles module shows articles 3-4 years old. It should at least show some of the latest articles? See Image

6. Image resize: Images are not being resized even though "auto-generated image" has been turned on. Original image is being used on homepage, or any other listing on the website.See Image

Note: Superuser credentials has been included.

lovedigit Friend

It’s been one day. Not a single response to this post?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @lovedigit,

Your question about the ‘Category View’ & "Latest Articles", you can change via backend settings of associated menu item by changing the option "include subcategory level" and ordering of article.

lovedigit Friend

Hello @saguaros,

That fixed the issue. There are 3 more issues to be fixed. Kindly suggest the solution.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

• Search module: pls try to use search module as our demo site, it looks like you use smart search one.

• In ‘Related Articles’ section, we load module in ‘article-bottom’ position, it’s Modules: Articles – Related, unfortunately this module doesn’t provide option for ordering, you can take a look in backend.
    lovedigit Friend

Hi

• Search module: pls try to use search module as our demo site, it looks like you use smart search one.

• In ‘Related Articles’ section, we load module in ‘article-bottom’ position, it’s Modules: Articles – Related, unfortunately this module doesn’t provide option for ordering, you can take a look in backend.

Just checked, and I can confirm that default search component does return images in the search result. However, I need smart search on my website to support easysocial profile search queries, which is not possible with Joomla default search component.

I have few more queries/requests to make, can you address these or forward it to developers?

:

1. Why Smart search is not supported. A magazine template that uses old Joomla search? Can developers work out support for it? It is a request, and I think most of the subscribers would agree with me that it is highly essential for these templates/website.

2. Is there any solution for article ordering? I would really appreciate your help.

3. Lastly, what about the image resize? Shouldn’t it work out of the box?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

1. This template doesn’t provide style for Smart Search but it still work with default style of Joomla.

2. At this moment, there is no option for ordering but I will pass to the team for improvement on this.

3. Which part you wan to change the image size? and which size it should be?
    lovedigit Friend

This template doesn’t provide style for Smart Search but it still work with default style of Joomla.

I can live without this option. It doesn’t really matter.

At this moment, there is no option for ordering but I will pass to the team for improvement on this.

We would really like to have this feature, as it is a necessity for a magazine template to allow ordering in related article module.

Which part you wan to change the image size? and which size it should be?

I am talking about extended Auto Generated image option in articles -> option -> shared tab. It is not working. Images are not being resized automatically to Big, Medium or small sizes according to the requirements. We have same image size+url for full article, sidebar modules, related articles, Category view etc. However, in JA Teline V we could set the image sizes in that tab and it would use those images instead of the original intro image or full article image.

enter image description here

Saguaros Moderator

Could you send me the link of the page where the image is being mentioned?

lovedigit Friend

You can see homepage of my website mentioned in the OP.

Saguaros Moderator

Let me check and will get back to you.

celinahex Friend

I’m interested in answers to all of these questions; i’ve already hacked the script to auto-assign intro image, but if you have that feature built into another template, it should REALLY be in this template as well.

Saguaros Moderator

I checked it again and realised that JA Magz II doesn’t support this auto generate feature, this option is used in JA Teline V template only. And articles in JA Magz II still takes images from intro image and full text image.

I will pass to the team for the correction for this template.

We’re terribly sorry for this confusion.

lovedigit Friend

I checked it again and realised that JA Magz II doesn’t support this auto generate feature, this option is used in JA Teline V template only. And articles in JA Magz II still takes images from intro image and full text image.
    I will pass to the team for the correction for this template.
    We’re terribly sorry for this confusion.

• Please include this option as well. it is very important to have an image resize feature. Otherwise, all the modules and other positions use original intro image even if it requires only 100x100px small image. It makes the website slower as well.
    • Also, please add the ordering feature in related articles module.
    Saguaros Moderator

I will pass to the team for further consideration.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum