Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am running Joomla 2.5.17 with JA Purity ii 2.5.5 template. I am testing a very mature migration from 1.5.26 to 2.5.17. In 1.5.26 JA Purity, I had a bottom menu, using position “user3”, displayed horizontally across the bottom of the page. I noticed that JA Purity ii positions “user6” through “user10” in 2.5.17 put the menu at the bottom of the page, but displayed vertically. Ideally, I would really want a copy of “hornav”, call it “bottom-hornav” with the exact same style, at the bottom of the page, above breadcrumbs. Where are these module positions defined, and is there some place that can give me tips/pointers how to either edit an existing position or create a copy of “hornav” so that I can modify it to be displayed at the bottom? I noticed a similar post at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-do-i-change-bottom-menu-from-vertical-to-horizontal-ja-purity-ii/ but there was no satisfactory (to me) reply. Many thanks to anyone knowledgable in this area.

nc3man Friend

Looking at this page: http://static.joomlart.com/images/templates/ja_purity/position.png
    the module position I want is “FOOTNAV”. For some reason, I do not have that. Is that possibly a result of first running jupgrade to migrate from Joomla 1.5.26 to 2.5.17? How can I install/enable that position? I believe it is exactly what I need to clone my 1.5.26 layout (never mind trying to make it a duplicate of hornav – which I wanted previously in 1.5.26 as well).

Nazario A Friend

@nc3man,

I am not sure how you proceed the upgrade of your site. Please try to upgrade again following this tips.

Hope that helps.

nc3man Friend

My account cannot access that page. My upgrade is complete and the site is perfect with the exception of the missing FOOTNAV, so I’m not going to start over. Just want to know how to get FOOTNAV in there.
    Thank you.

nc3man Friend

After inspecting the generated html on the page, I discovered that using the “footer” position for the FOOTNAV menu module which I tied to my bottom menu places that menu in the ja-copyright class. Therefore, I only needed to adjust how things are listed and displayed within that class. I modified the .ja-copyright code in template.css.

.ja-copyright { float: left; text-align: left; width: 100%; margin-left: 10px}
    .ja-copyright li {
    float: left;
    padding-right: 5px;
    text-transform:uppercase;
    }
    .ja-copyright li:before {
    content: " | ";
    padding: 5px;
    }
    .ja-copyright li:first-child:before {
    content: none;
    }
    .ja-copyright a {
    text-decoration: none !important;
    }

The key element is

.ja-copyright li {
    float: left;
    }

The rest is cosmetic, so it would look like my old JA Purity 1.5 bottom menu, all caps, separated by vertical bars as in the attached.

1. FOOTNAV
    Nazario A Friend

@nc3man,

Glad that you have sorted it out at your end. Let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nazario A 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum