Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

we are migrating from Joomla 2.5/JA Teline IV/Ja T3 v2 > to Joomla 3.2/JA Teline IV/T3 Framework.

1) So we can’t remeber how delete the date & update, etc in the top left (see my screenshot for more understanding).
    But I don’t want to delete the search.

And 2 another big thinks.

2) We need to modify the css (template.css, mega.css, …) but we don’t want do this each time there is a update.

Is there a way to do this, to override the css ? We tried with custom.css but apparently it didn’t work.

Maybe the best way is to add a theme in the theme folder (copy/paste with ftp) ?

3) And is there a same way to modify the .php files ?
    If we change file in the tpls folder, is it ok ?
    And ok after a update ?

Regards

1. 2014-01-30_15h30_29
    TomC Moderator

With regard to the date and update in the upper left corner, here is what you can try:

Within file path –> /templates/ja_teline_iv_t3/css/template.css
    at line 4918, add a “display: none” property as follows:

.ja-updatetime > span {
    color: #999999
    display: none;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin-right: 5px;
    }

Then, at line 4923, do the same – as follows:

.ja-updatetime > em {
    display: none;
    font-style: normal;
    }

The best part about this method is that if you ever decide you want those elements back/displayed, all you need do is remove the “display” property from the respective CSS rules.

With regard to protecting modifications you make from/when updating your template and/or core Joomla version, what you want to utilize are TEMPLATE OVERRIDES.

dieudonne Friend

Hello,

1) thank you very much for your answer.
    It is working very well, and we do the same for the .ja-day

2) We understand now the overrides, BUT we only for php.
    We can’t see any explanation about a custom.css file, or where can I put the css modification.
    Now I put into template.css, but the future update’ll erase it ?!…

Regards.

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>We can’t see any explanation about a custom.css file, or where can I put the css modification.
    Now I put into template.css, but the future update’ll erase it ?!…</blockquote>

HERE you can find the documentation about custom.css file

Having it not created by default means that future updates will not override it

dieudonne Friend

Yes, thank you very much for this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dieudonne 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum