Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

My site URL is as follows:
    http://sandbox.theweboasis.biz/oasis/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

I need help answering the following questions:

1. How do I modify the <a> tag properties for the site?
    The template defaults to text-decoration “none” for ALL links. I want the text-decoration to be “underline” for ALL links (regardless of where they exist, i.e. main page body, stylized modules, top navigation menu, etc.), and I want the properties (such as text-decoration, background, text color, etc.) to change when the mouse passes over them. I have tried editing the CSS and it didn’t make any difference.
    2. How do I change the bg color for the main navigation items when the mouse passes over them?
    3. How do I modify the width of the bg color for the main navigation items when the mouse passes over them?
    When you mouse over the dropdown items for each menu option it changes the BG to blue. The width of this BG color change doesn’t span the entire width of the menu option, however. The result is that some white space is left where the default color shows through, looking unprofessional. How do I fix that?

Sherlock Friend

Hi stanman123 !
    default property of <a> tag is text-decoration:underline; but in link of menu and some position , it changed to text-decoration : none;
    to solve the problem , there is simple way :
    You open template_css.css file in templates/ja_xenia_ii/css folder , find all code :

text-decoration:none;

and replace it with :

text-decoration:underline;

Sherlock Friend

About question #2 :
    you can change background for menu item hover by way below :
    Open ja.transmenu.css file in templates/ja_xenia_ii/ja_menus/ja_transmenu folder, find followinf code section at about line 289 :

#ja-transmenu li a:hover {
    background:#FFFFFF url(../../images/mainnav-sep.gif) no-repeat scroll right top;
    }

change red text to change background color.

stanman123 Friend

<em>@hainn84 72392 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi stanman123 !
    default property of <a> tag is text-decoration:underline; but in link of menu and some position , it changed to text-decoration : none;
    to solve the problem , there is simple way :
    You open template_css.css file in templates/ja_xenia_ii/css folder , find all code :

text-decoration:none;

and replace it with :

text-decoration:underline;

</blockquote>

That did not fix the CSS for any links showing in the main content area of my site.

Also, you did not answer question #3.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  stanman123 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum