Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi:

I am going to attempt to upgrade/modernize JA Sanidine by…

1.) Upgrading the Joomla! version from 1.5.22 (with Legacy 1.0 mode running now) to at least 1.5.3 and not using legacy mode.
    2.) Then uploading Community Builder 1.7 (downloaded to my machine but not uploaded to site yet)
    3.) Replacing the Fireboard Forum with Kunena (1.6 I think). (downloaded to my machine but not uploaded to site yet)

Note: For testing purposes; before doing any of the above, I took the site out of legacy mode (to see what happens) and got the following error, “Direct access to this location not allowed.” Once I saw that I slammed on the brakes and decided to ask here what the flow and procedure to accomplish this plan is.

Can anyone let me know if this plan is workable and give me just a brief outline as to how to execute it? Also, which 1.5 build of Joomla should I use?

Thank you,
    Your help is appreciated.

Phill Moderator

It is all workable but is going to be a lot of work. We cannot really advise on the upgrading of CB nor Kunena as we do not know those products.

As for which 1.5 build you should use it should always be the latest available from joomla.org for security reasons.

n6rej Friend

<em>@ejoomart1 263208 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi:

I am going to attempt to upgrade/modernize JA Sanidine by…

1.) Upgrading the Joomla! version from 1.5.22 (with Legacy 1.0 mode running now) to at least 1.5.3 and not using legacy mode.
    2.) Then uploading Community Builder 1.7 (downloaded to my machine but not uploaded to site yet)
    3.) Replacing the Fireboard Forum with Kunena (1.6 I think). (downloaded to my machine but not uploaded to site yet)

Note: For testing purposes; before doing any of the above, I took the site out of legacy mode (to see what happens) and got the following error, “Direct access to this location not allowed.” Once I saw that I slammed on the brakes and decided to ask here what the flow and procedure to accomplish this plan is.

Can anyone let me know if this plan is workable and give me just a brief outline as to how to execute it? Also, which 1.5 build of Joomla should I use?

Thank you,
    Your help is appreciated.</blockquote>
    Sounds like your on the right track. Like phil said you got a bit of work cut out for you.
    What that error means, is you attempted to access a joomla php file directly. This is a security feature. Whatever extension you were looking @ when that happened is a extension you will have to try to replace either with another extension or another version.

This
    // Check to ensure this file is included in Joomla!
    defined('_JEXEC') or die;

is the line in the .php files that offer this protection. Without it folks could look right into your php and even execute it in what ever manner they chose.
    Good luck with your venture.

ejoomart1 Friend

OK Phil:

Understood regarding CB and Kunena, I’ll figure out those elements. Once I update to the highest 1.5xx stable build of joomla! what becomes of the 1.0 legacy plugin and how is the Sanidine template affected? The template page says Sanidine is compatible with Joomla 1.5 but when I disable system-legacy, I get that error and the site is not viewable/workable. Don’t I need to disable legacy to run current modules, components and plugins?

Thank you

jooservices Friend

Hi
    I would you to help you for upgrading. But would you mind give me your site access to do.
    I’ll try to make listing of comp-ability extensions which one could / could not upgrade and advise you to do.
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

ejoomart1 Friend

Hello Jooservices:
    I appreciate your offer to help me upgrade my Joomla version.
    I can provide site access in PM with my thanks.

Thank you,

jooservices Friend

Hi
    Please send me PM with your site access . I’ll check it and go with your site for a day 🙂
    Thank you
    Viet Vu.
    ps:// i would get back with you in Monday 🙂

jooservices Friend

Hi
    I’ve received your PM.
    I’m going to make backup your site first before do anything 🙂
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

Phill Moderator

Joo,

I have upgraded a couple of these in the past. Hopefully you have seen the link in the chat from last night which has some details of a couple of the problems we ran into.

jooservices Friend

Hi
    I’ve done upgrade this site into Joomla 1.5.23 and no legacy mode.
    But still keep it in local for checking. If you don’t mind should we talk via skype for double check this before apply to your live site ?
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

ejoomart1 Friend

Hi Viet Vu:

Thank you for this help. Yes, we can Skype before we go live. I will PM you my Skype info and please give me a time to connect with you.

Thank you,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ejoomart1 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum