Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I just installed and started trying to customize the Antares template on one of my client web sites. Since this is the first JoomlArt template I’ve ever used I’m struggling to understand how to customize the menu that gets published automatically when I installed Antares.

I have two noticeable problems, and no idea how to fix them:
    1) There’s no visible way that I can see to change (add/edit/delete) any of the items that are showing up in the navigation on the left hand side of the page next to the JA Header Module
    2) It seems there’s a problem with how the pages are rendered when viewing the site in FF 1.5.0.11 vs. IE 6.0 (content/other menus overlay the navigation)

I’m not new to Joomla, but I am new to JoomlArt templates. I’m accustomed to using Joomla’s native menu modules to build site navigation… How do I administer the Antares menu when I can’t even FIND it in the Joomla backend?

The site I’m referring to is openhouseidaho.com; please help!

Hung Dinh Friend

Can you provide your URL, stanman1?
    Also, your account is showing up as unlicense? Do you have another account at JA?

stanman123 Friend

the URL is openhouseidaho.com and my account username is stanman123 (i had signed in w/ the wrong account when posting the original message).

bernhar Friend

Hi stanman123,

on your site I see two menus with the same items. The first one is hardcoded in Antares and could therefore not get unpublished via the Joomla backend as usual. This is a speciality of Antares. The normal way would be to unpublish the main menu module in the backend, because this hardcoded menu will show everything. A problem with this speciallty is that you have to modify the source in order to remove the menu on some pages.
    The items of the menu are set as usual in the joomla backend.

Bernhard

stanman123 Friend

Bernhard,

When you say “the items of the menu are set as usual in the Joomla backend” do you mean that its contents are taken by whatever has been configured under the mainmenu menu module? I don’t see how having to modify source code is a “specialty”… The whole reason I decided to use a template in the first place was to simplify my life and minimize the amount of work I’d have to do to in getting a “branded” web site up and running quickly using Joomla.

Where can I find more specific documentation about exactly how to control this extra menu whose appearance and behavior is presently outside my control?

bernhar Friend

Short answer: yes! 🙂

yado Friend

Hi,
    don’t know if you still have the problem?
    Go to modules manager and unpublish the main menu module.

pjstankard Friend

I need to remove the main menu nav from my fireboard forum page. The main menu module is currently unpublished. What changes do I need to make?
    Jennifer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  pjstankard 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum