Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

JA Rochea – Header Images

Creating your own custom header images, can be a difficult task – especially if you’re a newbie with Photoshop. I am offering to create custom header images, provided you supply me with the images you would like to use.

Please follow the instructions below.

1. Send an email to: jaygustafson AT jmg1978 DOT com
    2. Attach all of your images, that you would like to be converted into header images.
    3. The subject line must say: “Rochea Header Images” so that your email won’t be mistaken as SPAM.
    4. If there are any details I should know, please include them in the body of your message.
    • Your images must have dimensions of at least: 950px X 294px

In return, you will receive a zip file that contains:

1. Three sliced images, for each image you provided me.
    2. The actual Photoshop file that I used to create your header images.

Please Note:

If you have Photoshop & are able to create your own custom header images, my offer doesn’t apply to you. I am only offering this service to those that really need the help.

When I am no longer able to create these custom header images, I will send a request to the website administrator – requesting this post be removed.

Michael Casha Friend

Thanks for your offer!

xp310 Friend

MiCCAS;17001Thanks for your offer!

Glad I can help!

stnetwork Friend

Why dont you write a manual how to do with photoshop or also for GIMP?

I Think that would be great!

mabo Friend

Hello Xp310,

It’s great you are offering this service. In fact, i’m a newbie with photoshop or gimp.
    Perhaps you could write a short manual how to create the header images?

Another question; do you know how you can eliminate the short header images (e.g. sh01-bg2-wide.jpg) to free up space so that the menu is a bit higher on the screen?

Thanx

Mabo

kenneth Friend

This is a very nice thing you are doing. I’ve been using Photoshop for a long time but I’m having a heck of a time making images work properly for this template. I’ve opened the source files and have tried numerous times to replicate what has been done with my own images but with no luck. Things don’t line up properly when I slice them.

I’m happy to do the work myself – any chance you’ve got a step by step guide so others like me wouldn’t have to bother you. If you don’t, can I still send my images to you when I’m ready? I’ve already spent countless hours trying to figure this out with no success and could really use the help.

Thanks for the kind offer. The template is really cool looking with the faded/floating content window effect.

doktor101101 Friend

It’s really not too difficult. Here’s how I do it:

1. I start with a 950 x 294 image.
    2. I change the canvas size to 950 x 205 (make sure you select the right cropping direction button so you are losing the bottom 89 pixels of the image, not the top.
    3. I export this image as sh0?-bg1.jpg, where ? is whatever header page you want the image to appear on (IMPORTANT: don’t save over your 950 x 294 image).
    4. I then return to my 950 x 294 image, undo the change in canvas size in point #2 so it returns to its original size.
    5. I change the canvas size again to 950 x 89 (make sure that this time you are losing the top 205 pixels, not the bottom 205).
    6. I change the canvas size again to 220 x 89 (now you are losing the right side of the canvas).
    7. I export this image as sh0?-bg2-wide.jpg
    8. I change the canvas size again to 175 x 89 (you are again losing the right side of the canvas.
    9. I export this image as sh0?-bg2-narrow.jpg.
    10. I upload these images to the appropriate directory and overwrite the previous ones that had this number. Or, if I want to have more images, I rename them to sh01 sh02, etc. to get the order of the images that I want.

Clear as mud?

kenneth Friend

Thanks a lot. I’m going to try this. It was pretty clear. I’ll let you know how I make out.
    Again, appreciate your sharing your Photoshop secrets on this one!

Best regards,
    Suzan

lisas Friend

Can someone help me create the gradient aspect of the pictures? I have Paint Shop Pro X and have read help, manual and internet-still can’t figure out how to do it.

Thanks,
    Lisa

ShannonN Friend

lisas;21258Can someone help me create the gradient aspect of the pictures? I have Paint Shop Pro X and have read help, manual and internet-still can’t figure out how to do it.

Thanks,
    Lisa

google “Paint shop Pro gradients” and you’ll pick up heaps of tutorials for that specific program most here use photoshop or Fireworks which has different commands etc

zndynamic Friend

In photoshop (cs2 not sure version matters) just slice your image….

You need two slices.
    1. 950×205
    2. 220×89 (wide) || 175×89 (narrow)

Then save as web
    pick a format (i used jpeg, high)
    save > then choose “HTML and Images” as the “settings”

Created a new directory on the desktop called “asd” go in there and click save

Now goto the desktop to the directory asd and you’ll have an images directory as well, in there you’ll find three images. Two will be the sizes you want.

Of course you an right click the slices with the slice tool and go “edit slice options” then put a name in there that is used and it’ll be easier to identify.

Pretty kind of the OP to do this too 🙂

johnmarquess Friend

I have managed to create the sliced images using Fireworks.

BUT… I have tried and failed to master how to do the gradient fills as per the demo site.

I have googled fireworks gradients but struggled to get anything like the template demo gradient effect.

I would be most grateful for some help

many thanks.

J

steve7 Friend

<em>@doktor101101 19807 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s really not too difficult. Here’s how I do it:

1. I start with a 950 x 294 image.
    2. I change the canvas size to 950 x 205 (make sure you select the right cropping direction button so you are losing the bottom 89 pixels of the image, not the top.
    3. I export this image as sh0?-bg1.jpg, where ? is whatever header page you want the image to appear on (IMPORTANT: don’t save over your 950 x 294 image).
    4. I then return to my 950 x 294 image, undo the change in canvas size in point #2 so it returns to its original size.
    5. I change the canvas size again to 950 x 89 (make sure that this time you are losing the top 205 pixels, not the bottom 205).
    6. I change the canvas size again to 220 x 89 (now you are losing the right side of the canvas).
    7. I export this image as sh0?-bg2-wide.jpg
    8. I change the canvas size again to 175 x 89 (you are again losing the right side of the canvas.
    9. I export this image as sh0?-bg2-narrow.jpg.
    10. I upload these images to the appropriate directory and overwrite the previous ones that had this number. Or, if I want to have more images, I rename them to sh01 sh02, etc. to get the order of the images that I want.

Clear as mud?</blockquote>
    Thanks so much, your method works perfectly and is much quicker than messing around with slices etc.
    You’ve just saved me loads of time and a lot of bother !

Cheers

billyk Friend

How about a Photoshop “Action” that might have saved someone a lot of typing 🙂

<em>@xp310 16999 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA Rochea – Header Images

Creating your own custom header images, can be a difficult task – especially if you’re a newbie with Photoshop. I am offering to create custom header images, provided you supply me with the images you would like to use.

Please follow the instructions below.

1. Send an email to: jaygustafson AT jmg1978 DOT com
    2. Attach all of your images, that you would like to be converted into header images.
    3. The subject line must say: “Rochea Header Images” so that your email won’t be mistaken as SPAM.
    4. If there are any details I should know, please include them in the body of your message.

• Your images must have dimensions of at least: 950px X 294px

In return, you will receive a zip file that contains:

1. Three sliced images, for each image you provided me.
    2. The actual Photoshop file that I used to create your header images.

Please Note:

If you have Photoshop & are able to create your own custom header images, my offer doesn’t apply to you. I am only offering this service to those that really need the help.

When I am no longer able to create these custom header images, I will send a request to the website administrator – requesting this post be removed.

</blockquote>

Menalto Friend

How about deliver the source files ready to add your own images? Would save alot of time and Q for everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  billyk 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum