Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    could you tell me how we can modify the way images save using “JA System Social Feed plugin” – we need save images, however, the names are crazy like for example 030105a0ee7213d87da5fe927c3ca4cc71d61.jpg
    – ideal could would be “JA Social Feed” Profile Name and time.
    How can I do that please?
    Thank you very much
    Regars

Honzazi Friend

Anyone? Please?

Honzazi Friend

Honestly, could anyone help!? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 🙂
    <blockquote>could you tell me how we can modify the way images save using “JA System Social Feed plugin” – we need save images, however, the names are crazy like for example 030105a0ee7213d87da5fe927c3ca4cc71d61.jpg
    – ideal could would be “JA Social Feed” Profile Name and time. </blockquote>
    + there is one more thing…
    <blockquote>
    I’m using K2 and when the “Social” plugin create the article for example from Facebook “from:xyz” the articles have “Written by: xyz” – this would be fine as long as if user click on xyz – thy would see xyz posts – however. it does redirect me to homepage 🙁 </blockquote>

Please, how can I:
    A, remove the link
    or
    B, when they click on it, they will actually see the xyz articles.

Thanks

Honzazi Friend

Guys, any support here!?????
    Please answer ASAP
    Thanks

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi,

<blockquote>could you tell me how we can modify the way images save using “JA System Social Feed plugin” – we need save images, however, the names are crazy like for example 030105a0ee7213d87da5fe927c3ca4cc71d61.jpg
    – ideal could would be “JA Social Feed” Profile Name and time. </blockquote>

=> Please open ‘pluginssystemjasocial_feedjasocial_feed.php’ and take a look at ‘saveImage’ function.
    If you want to add Profile Name to image name, you must pass a new parameter to saveImage function.

private function saveImage($url, $src, $caption = ”, $alt = ”, $author = ”) { .. }

and in this function, you can change the file name from:

$filename = md5($url).'.'.$ext;

to

static $count = 0;
    $count ++;
    $filename = 'JASocialFeed' . $author . time() . $count . '.' . $ext;

You then need to modify all function call to ‘saveImage’ and try to pass $author ($createdby)
    for example:

$post['source_images'] = $this->saveImage("http://img.youtube.com/vi/".$etid."/0.jpg", 'youtube', $img_caption, $img_caption, $created_by);

I would recommend you backup before process. If it seem hard for you, then please consider hire a developer to help you with a reasonable price at http://www.joomlancers.com/

<blockquote>I’m using K2 and when the “Social” plugin create the article for example from Facebook “from:xyz” the articles have “Written by: xyz” – this would be fine as long as if user click on xyz – thy would see xyz posts – however. it does redirect me to homepage 🙁
    </blockquote>

Please make sure the user xyz exist in K2 user list.
    And try to delete “author alias” value in the article.
    If you want to remove all author alias in JA Social Feed, you can remove this line below in
    pluginssystemjasocial_feedtablesk2.php

<blockquote>$item[‘created_by_alias’] = html_entity_decode($post[‘source_author’], ENT_COMPAT, ‘UTF-8’);
    </blockquote>

This should work with K2 items.

Regards

Honzazi Friend

Hi,

I tried what you said and now the names look like this “JASocialFeed1885794526319.jpg” – Still missing the author/creator name.

Any other ideas please?

Thanks

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Honzazi,

The author is a number (id).
    If you want to change to author name, you should change the line code above to:

$filename = 'JASocialFeed' . JUser::getInstance((int)$author)->username . time() . $count . '.' . $ext;

Hope it helps.

Regards

Honzazi Friend

Hi,
    thanks a lot, unfortunately it didn’t help. The names are still missing the Author name and look like: JASocialFeed1885794526319.jpg
    Not sure if it makes any different using the Joomla 3

Thanks

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Honzazi,

You should check again that you have pass correct $author value.
    From the JA Social Feed plugin, please check if you have select a valid user for the profile.

If it still not work, please pm ftp/admin to my so I can check on your site.

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum