Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Started a few months ago with Webdesign and Graphic design… This is my frist website and I hope some of the comments will help me to get better!

I used the JA Quartz template, the DT Register component to accept reservations and Phoca Guestbook.

Link to my site

Phill Moderator

Nice look and like the lightwindow videos. I’ve spent a lot of time in Egypt over the last few years windsurfing. It is an awesome feeling when the dolphins are swimming and playing along side you at 30mph.

What I did find odd was the mixing of languages. Some headers are in English, why is that?

I also found there is too much dead space on the left of article pages. Maybe stick some modules in there.

wouter23 Friend

Thanks for your reply!

Yes I should change that, the videos are from a presentation dvd I’ve bin working on and I wanted to keep the same titles.

Aratype Friend

J’adore ! Bravo… Congratulation

If this is the first what you will give later.

I tested the site with FF 3.x on Win

I found only that music of “Sailing to Staya” does not match to Egyptian music… Rgarding Joomla! stuffs all things are OK. However, some English and Flemich mixture are in the text…

J’attends le prochain site !

wouter23 Friend

Thank you for your encouraging words!

Yes you confirm it, the music of Sailing to Sataya should change.

ShannonN Friend

wouter23;114259Hi,

Started a few months ago with Webdesign and Graphic design… This is my frist website and I hope some of the comments will help me to get better!

I used the JA Quartz template, the DT Register component to accept reservations and Phoca Guestbook.

http://www.galiacenter.com

Congratulations, for a first attempt you have managed very well and teh site is content rich, I agree with other comments regarding mixed languages and song, but know it’s all still very new,

I have a small suggestion, I know the site bkg obviously is a sand colour to compliment Egypt, but I find it rather stark (plain?) and the footer is such a lighter colour it is a bit painful to look at on a bright screen,

could I suggest changing the background to a more ‘wavy’ sand such as the patterns found on sand dunes? I’m sure you know what I mean and darken the footer, for me that would enhance an already well produced site

Cheers ShannonN

jsliao Friend

Nice site! I agree that the background feels rather bland. Maybe do as suggested by Shannon or maybe adding some starfish or seashells and stuff to give a more ‘beach’ feeling rather than just plain and flat sand?

questbg Friend

Bonjour Wouter et felicitations!

Congratulations, a really nice site.

The only downer for me (as previously mentioned) was the orange text on the light sand background in the footer, very difficult to read and could do with a bit more contrast!

Nice job!

Chris

croeone Friend

for the first project, you did a really good job.

there is nothing big i can suggest, because the mates before said actually all. just some color issues and maybe a smoother transition between the header backgrounds and that’s it.

can i ask you please which comp or module or plugin you used for the video lightbox?

thanks and good lucks!

wouter23 Friend

<em>@ShannonN 114282 wrote:</em><blockquote>Congratulations, for a first attempt you have managed very well and teh site is content rich, I agree with other comments regarding mixed languages and song, but know it’s all still very new,

I have a small suggestion, I know the site bkg obviously is a sand colour to compliment Egypt, but I find it rather stark (plain?) and the footer is such a lighter colour it is a bit painful to look at on a bright screen,

could I suggest changing the background to a more ‘wavy’ sand such as the patterns found on sand dunes? I’m sure you know what I mean and darken the footer, for me that would enhance an already well produced site

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>

Again Thank you for your advise! I have bin looking around on sites like istockphoto.com but so far I did not find any pattern or texture of wavy sand that I can use as a repeating background, are they around somewhere, maybe I am looking for it on the wrong sites? :confused:

Phill Moderator

I cannot search for you cos I am on the worst internet I have ever experienced and having to go through our work proxy but whenever I need this kind of thing google images is your best friend. There are hundreds of sand textures there as I have used one of them recently for the same template (though I was using a different varient of it).

ShannonN Friend

wouter23;114774Again Thank you for your advise! I have bin looking around on sites like istockphoto.com but so far I did not find any pattern or texture of wavy sand that I can use as a repeating background, are they around somewhere, maybe I am looking for it on the wrong sites? :confused:

open google select the “images” search then type sand pattern and search if you prefer sand dunes. there’s plenty out there

If copyright worries you buy this one for $5 for a stock photo seller
    http://www.crestock.com/image/889795-Natural-sand-pattern.aspx

a search on the same site for sand gives these
    http://www.crestock.com/image-keyword/sand.aspx

Cheers ShannonN

sunrise Friend

WOW! for a fist site that is impressive! You did very well. The colors fit perfectly to the site, the pictures are tempting, which is just what you had in mind I’m sure. You must feel good about having done this as a first. I would.

I can’t read Dutch, so I looked in Frech, and noticed the the sentence “Doorsoek de volledige site” was not translated. I also think it might be good to fill up a few of the empty spaces. Apart from that, Good Work!

jhazzi Friend

Even if you’ve taken the suggestions from others, this site is very nice. Your first time out is impressive! Keep at it and you’ll be a Joomla pro par non!

Best regards,
    Jhazzzzzzzzzi 🙂

we2solutions Friend

looks nice.if their is a video and picture gallery separatly it is good i think.great effort

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  reta 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum