Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

when building a site using joomla, regardless of the templates, components, modules, plugins etc used, be prepared to start over as many times as it takes.

it is rare to build a site flawlessly on first try efforts, especially when trying new component s and templates, there is a learning curve for everything. and part of that curve is “trial and error”

take the leaps of faith into trying new things, but always be prepared to delete, reinstall, and try over again until it works. If you get an error message, as components and templates and such regardless of the source are debugged before being released to the community, chances are the error is not a bug, just an issue with your install.

its great when things work first time, but its actually not the norm.

so…be prepared to do things several times before they work correctly 🙂

dlocc Friend

Amen to this… I’ve installed this template from quickstart 3 TIMES! Hopefully it will start working soon.

2Patrick Friend

Yes..Rule 3 is definitely wisdom that comes with experience.

But I suppose one should get help when you are really stuck and not just install and reinstall forever !

mj1256 Friend

if you can’t get it right on the third try it is probably because you did the wrong step over again

my point is everyone is too eager to claim that the templates are buggy

I feel left out, i just don’t have all of these problems with the templates 😉

redserp Friend

Maybe some joomla documentation will help all those buggy eager ppl 🙂
    Helped me!

jacquelinestarling Friend

Your rules are great and very helpful. Being somewhat of a newer JOOMLA user, I can definitely appreciate all the tips.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jacquelinestarling 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum