Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi 🙂

I’m quite new to both Joomla and Joomlart, but I’ve used the last couple of days to read and watch videos to try to understand both.

Today I bought the Vintas template and installed it through cPanel. After installing the framework as well, it sort of works.

But is it normal that only part of the “home”page is visible? I can’t seem to find any content or any subpages or anything. I’ve read the tutorial on the top of this page, but it doesn’t answer any of my questions. I’ve also tried to google my answer, but can’t find anything.

It is off course possible that everyone starts with just part of the first page after installation and the rest must be built up from start by everyone, but I thought maybe it would have a bit more content to the page. Perhaps a few more pages, something written in the modules (for me to change) and so on.

So, have I done anything wrong from the beginning or is this the way it’s supposed to be?

PS: If I’ve done everything right and it’s supposed to be like this, excuse me for this question and the bother. Then I’ll try to figure it out by myself :-[

Thank you!

Anita

steinar Friend

Hallo Anita,

The best way to take on Joomla! as a newbie is probably to install the quickstart package. This will give you a setup exactly like it looks in the Joomlart demo (although the pictures are replaced with placeholders). You can install it on your own computer or on your server which of course must be kept off line while you are experimenting and learning the basics, finding out what happens when you do this or that. And ask questions here in the forum.

Check out documentation on the Joomla! website.

Good luck!

Steinar

knerten Friend

Thank you!

I did install the quickstart.zip, but as an extension after I installed the normal installation package. I’ll try to remove the whole installation and start over again, this time with the quick start first.

Thanks!

Anita

knerten Friend

Thank you so much again!
    I reinstalled the whole thing, this time the quickstart first, and it works perfect. A lot of stuff to learn, but now I have something to start with. 🙂

Anita

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  knerten 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum