Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I don’t know if it’s my Joomla or my host. I use Host Gator and they have been great for about 3months, i noticed my site slowing down greatly today. It takes like 10 seconds to load a single page. It’s pretty pathetic. I don’t know if its something wrong wit my joomla or my hosting.

I can enter admin control panel fine for my hosting, but everything associated with joomla font end/back end is going very very slow. I can’t even add a article to my site anymore. >:(

Any ideas?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Can you post the live url / link to your site?

At the same time you can run your site through http://analyze.websiteoptimization.com . This will give you fair idea about your site loading stats and probable problems.

You can also check one of my thread http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/tips-to-speed-up-joomlart-templates/ . Go through the whole thread, read the critical replies too.

yamemaru Friend

PMed you the link.

wooohanetworks Friend

When you have a friend or programmer who has some good MySQL analyzation tools, you should check the DB! I know about problems with Joomla that somehow the tables jos_session is often overloaded with data and this causes drastic performance problems. There are also some other tables affected but jos_session should always be sized around a few kb only. Whenever you see that this is loaded with even megabytes something is definitely wrong on the site. This could also be a JA Quickstart problem, as I see a lot of slow sites here and most should load faster. While the ones with templates from other clubs generally are faster, so check this through first.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@drarvindc 120274 wrote:</em><blockquote>Go through the whole thread, read the critical replies too.</blockquote>

So far so good, those critical comments are about that there are some other issues really slowing down sites and those “lot of images, lot of scripts” does not really affect the sites so drastically as when conflicts in scripts come up and errors in the db are present. So again, whenever wanting to tune a site, first the site must be clean of conflicts and Database errors otherwise any tuning will not have any effect when faulty codes and queries cause slow performance and again, predominantly the tool will only help to size down a site and increase minor site performance related request times but the real painly slow site will have an error on the site out of the scope of this tool.

Thanks!

yamemaru Friend

Thanks for the anaylze site url. We looked around for a bit for what was the problem, and we eventually found out it was server related.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Glad the issue was resolved. 🙂 Cheers.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@wooohanetworks 120281 wrote:</em><blockquote>So far so good, those critical comments are about that there are some other issues really slowing down sites and those “lot of images, lot of scripts” does not really affect the sites so drastically as when conflicts in scripts come up and errors in the db are present. So again, whenever wanting to tune a site, first the site must be clean of conflicts and Database errors otherwise any tuning will not have any effect when faulty codes and queries cause slow performance and again, predominantly the tool will only help to size down a site and increase minor site performance related request times but the real painly slow site will have an error on the site out of the scope of this tool.

Thanks!</blockquote>

I am not sure what are you pointing at. Lot of images and lot of scripts kills the website performance. In most of cases of so called conflicts of JS, the functionality is also affected. I have been doing speed optimization on joomla for over a year now and i certainly do know, what is required. I have sufficient data to prove that my tips works and with minimal alteration to the joomla.

The guys problem is solved but i am not happy coz your replies are more of discouragement and does not provide any solution.

I just don’t get it, why are you just behind me? Have observed this behavior in my other posts too.

ShannonN Friend

drarvindc;120399I am not sure what are you pointing at. Lot of images and lot of scripts kills the website performance. In most of cases of so called conflicts of JS, the functionality is also affected. I have been doing speed optimization on joomla for over a year now and i certainly do know, what is required. I have sufficient data to prove that my tips works and with minimal alteration to the joomla.

The guys problem is solved but i am not happy coz your replies are more of discouragement and does not provide any solution.

I just don’t get it, why are you just behind me? Have observed this behavior in my other posts too.

He’s a stalker, follows us all around trying to deflate the good feeling we get from providing a correct answer etc , he has little in the way of answers himself and his “answers” are usually dragged off the net from elsewhere, he’s a trol,l like most put him on ignore in the cp and you do not see his post. rants etc I did and now I have a fun and happy time here answering questions etc

ShannonN

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@ShannonN 120458 wrote:</em><blockquote>He’s a stalker, follows us all around trying to deflate the good feeling we get from providing a correct answer etc , he has little in the way of answers himself and his “answers” are usually dragged off the net from elsewhere, he’s a troll, like most put him on ignore in the cp and you do not see his post. rants etc I did and now I have a fun and happy time here answering questions etc

ShannonN</blockquote>

There had been times in the last few days, that i had to also take into consideration what his reaction to my reply will be. All the enthusiasm goes dead after his remarks, dont want to start a issue out of it, coz dont have time to waste on this. Now also i am wondering what his reply to this would be.

lorienm Friend

<em>@yamemaru 120298 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the anaylze site url. We looked around for a bit for what was the problem, and we eventually found out it was server related.</blockquote>

What was the server issue? My Joomla started running really slow all of a sudden and we use Host Gator too so just wondering exactly what the server issue was?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lorienm 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum