Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Greetings,

I am running Joomla 1.0.14 (need to because of certain modules) and am having difficulties with two menu related items. The first general, the second specific.

1.) How can I hide the main menu on the frontpage? I would like the suckerfish menu to be the only menu showing on that page (and elsewhere as well perhaps). This was easy to configure in Joomla! 1.5 but is giving me problems in 1.0.14.

2.) Again, this is something that is simple in Joomla 1.5. The suckerfish menu doesn’t seem to be functioning properly. It hadn’t been since the install. I have the top level only, nothing cascades. I have my sections and categories set up now, and have just started adding menu items and it’s still not working. Either I am doing something wrong, or something didn’t install properly, but it doesn’t seem to be working. When I had the template installed on Joomla! 1.5 the menu was working correctly, so I know it’s not the package.

Any advice would be helpful.

If you need the URL let me know, the test site is in flux as I’m working heavily on it right now.

Best,
    Micah

Sherlock Friend

Hi Wolffemann.
    1. In Utahia template for Joomla 1.0, If you want to change menu type, plz open index.php file of that template
    and find to line 31
    $ja_menutype = 1; // 1: Split Menu; 2: Son of Suckerfish Dropdown Menu; 3: Transmenu;
    , if you want have Suckerfish Menu, plz change it to
    $ja_menutype = 2 // 1: Split Menu; 2: Son of Suckerfish Dropdown Menu; 3: Transmenu;
    2.About menu for 1.5, plz downoad latest version, because JA has updated a newest version for Joomla 1.5

Hope can help you.

wolfemann Friend

Thanks nguoiabcd (how do you pronounce that?)

I already had that part done, however. I’ve already assigned the suckerfish menu, but it’s not functioning. Nothing cascades. I have only the top level (e.g. the “button”).

Regardless of what menu type I set the template to I only get one “level” of buttons. No categories show, just the sections. Am I doing something wrong?

Like I said, the site is in flux, but here is the URL:

I’d like to upgrade this site to Joomla 1.5, but unfortunately two of the modules I’m using have yet to be updated, and (like everything else from 1.0.x) they won’t run in legacy mode.

Help please! I’ve been working on this and other problems for over a week and I’m running out of time to fix this.

Also, I need to know (still) how to hide the “main menu”. I only want the suckerfish navigation to show.

Thanks again,
    Micah

Sherlock Friend

Hi Wolfemann.
    I’ve viewed your site and I think you changed right. But have something:
    1.Hide main menu: plz login your admin site, go to Module manager and unpublish Main menu module.
    2.Suckerfish menu: you must create some submenu of Home – Contact Us – Current News, and you will see it like demo.
    Hope can help you

wolfemann Friend

Thank you nguoiabcd!

I can’t believe I couldn’t figure out that I just needed to unpublish the main menu!! I feel like a complete idiot. :p
    (Seriously, I’ve been a designer for over 10 years! Ah well, I’ll just blame it on being a Joomla! n00b)
    Incidentally, is it possible to have a menu published in one section and not in another? I’d like to know if it’s possible, for instance, for the main menu to be hidden on the frontpage but visible on others. Is this something that can be done within Joomla! or would I need to edit the php code?

As to the other problem, because I started learning on Joomla 1.5 I was having trouble figuring out how to establish parent-child relationships with the menu items. The book on Joomla! I purchased explained it as if you could simply create sections and categories and they would automatically create the relationship.

If anyone else is having this problem (in Joomla! 1.0.x – it’s pretty straightforward in 1.5 in my opinion) watch this video. It explains how to do this distinctly:
    http://www.youjoomla.com/how-to-setup-suckerfish-in-joomla.html

Thanks again for the help! I love this forum.

Best,
    Micah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wolfemann 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum