Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    How could I have multiple MegaMenus on a single template? Please Help!

Thanks!

amandasmith Friend

Hi,

Check the following information http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Template_Framework/Navigation

Hope this information helps you.

TomC Moderator

<em>@josuehm 295776 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    How could I have multiple MegaMenus on a single template? Please Help!

Thanks!</blockquote>
    Not only CAN this be done, it HAS been done . . . the most recent example by one of my Support Team colleagues.
    I will have him chime into this discussion to explain how he did it.

Scott Lavelle Friend

I know this is an old topic, but could you get us some more information about how to accomplish this?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

TomC Moderator

<em>@slavelle 346060 wrote:</em><blockquote>I know this is an old topic, but could you get us some more information about how to accomplish this?</blockquote>
    awww man, I know it’s here somewhere . . . I just tried searching threads started by “n6rej” (whom I know is the one who wrote the “hot to” on accomplishing this, but I cannot find it within his “started threads” list. :((

However, I DID find THIS TUTORIAL which – although requiring a bit more effort – may assist you in creating multiple mega menu instances within your site.

You might also want to take a look through the Structure and Navigation section of the Joomla Extension Directory – as there may be a “multi-mega-menu” extension that has been developed that may save you some time. (I haven’t checked in a while, so I’m not able to provide you with any specifics at this particular moment).

Hope that helps a bit.

Scott Lavelle Friend

I’m testing out the MaxiMenu CK as well as one I got a while back called YT Menu. I was hoping to be able to use the built in megamenu for this.

The maximenu seems like it might be cool, it costs to get the documentation as well as to download any of the extensions to the extension (even the one that adds a tab to the admin). I’ll have to see what I can figure out without docs and without the extra admin features. Not that I’m too cheap to purchase good extensions, but it’s difficult to spend the money on something to find out it doesn’t accomplish what I need it to.

I already spent the money on the YT menu a while back (to get a vertical mega menu), so I’ll be looking into the details of this one as well and trying to see what comes of it.

I believe both of these will allow multiple-use-per-page, but I’m not sure about all the other stuff that I know that the normal megamenu can do. I’ll find out and report back…

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Lavelle 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum