Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I was wondering if is possible to have different layouts for each section of Ja News.

For example, my site have a section “Articles”, “News” and “Opinion” and I wanted a different look for each section page. This is possible?

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@welintron 57010 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was wondering if is possible to have different layouts for each section of Ja News.

For example, my site have a section “Articles”, “News” and “Opinion” and I wanted a different look for each section page. This is possible?</blockquote>

Hi welintron,

iJoomla claims that with its iJoomla Magazine, it is possible. You need to start with your desired template from say Joomlart, then use their script. I have not been able to do this.

With Teline II itself, I would just be happy for now if I can make the categories appear in the Section introduction page, much like the Sections appear in the home page. If you look at valic responses related to “magazine”

If by layouting, you mean being able to move the sections, three vs two columns, etc., then you can do that with the existing JA Teline II.

Gavick Pro has several modules that allow you to do more leeway in customizing your layout. However, GavickPro does not yet have a NewsMagazine portal template, like Joomlart has developed with JA Teline II.

I tried to install the Gavick Pro modules into the JA Teline, it worked for a time, but when I clicked on the files I placed in the Gavick modules, the full article showed but did not integrate in a magazine context, i.e., as past of a section the way an article in JA Teline module would, e.g., the contents of the Hot Topics.

Then, after moving things around, there might have been some incompatibilities, or something,, my entire JA News module just disappeared, and would not come back. I had to uninstall the Gavick templates, still did not return the JA News; so I had to uninstall the JA News, and re-install a fresh JA module.

Cornelio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum