Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Whoa, this one’s weird…all the past templates I’ve have behaved the following way (granted, I’ve never used a JA template before):

If you’re logged in, then open another window of the same browser and log in with another username, it ends your session on the first one. In effect, you can only login once. You could get around this by having two different browsers open (such as IE and FF), with one logged in username per browser.

Villadi acts differently. I can open as many instances of a browser as I want, and log on with different usernames in each, and it won’t end the session of the others.

Why is this? For me personally, I’d rather have it end the session to keep people from loggin in under multiple names.

P.S. With 3 posts in a row, can you tell I’ve just gone live with a new template? 😉

Michael Casha Friend

Our template should not affect the session information, I’m guessing it’s a caching issue.

itguy Friend

I agree with MiCCAS. When you log in you should receive a session cookie or those session values are being stored in ram. Either way there is info that IDs the user and maintains the session information. Logging in again would overwrite that session information. I don’t believe this is a template issue.

shanefrench Friend

Yes, it seems to have resolved itself. We had the site offline, so we started at 0 users when we came back up. Not sure why that would have anything to do with it, but the problem went away. Phew – had never seem that one before!

itguy Friend

That is very odd. Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  itguy 17 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum