Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys
    I post this request cause i cant find the answer elsewhere.

I´d like too keep the “crop” and “popup” function in my articles, but, i´d also like to be able to add another image at the bottom of my articles.

The reason to this is that were building an affiliate advertising website and we need a “to store” button at the end of every article.

We have tryed many different ways of solving this. One of them was to add a module in the article with the “button picture” but the picture merge with the plugin anyway. We even tried to add it by CSS styles, but then the button text wouldn´t link to the “shop”(we cant get the website link to work).

So, any one have a walkaoround to this problem?

Any suggestion are much welcome.

Thanks in advance!

//Miguel

chloregy Friend

i also have this issue… i think you need to create a module that inserts into the article… but that is pain in the butt if the module needs to have a different link everytime

you would probaby need some command like

{modulename url=”http://www.xyz.com/”}

but i’m not a developer so that just my guess…

coopoli Friend

<em>@chloregy 294668 wrote:</em><blockquote>i also have this issue… i think you need to create a module that inserts into the article… but that is pain in the butt if the module needs to have a different link everytime

you would probaby need some command like

{modulename url=”http://www.xyz.com/”}

but i’m not a developer so that just my guess…</blockquote>

Yes, i tried that. But the image i the module also “merge” with the article image and the pagination shows (next prev image…)

I really think this has to be fixed. Maby a choise in the thumbs plugin where you ca choose yes or no to merge multiple images in a article…

Thanks!

chloregy Friend

sorry forgot to mention, you’ll probably need to not use that plug in for those pages, and find an extension from another vendor that does not aggregate the images into a slide show (not exactly sure why they implemented it this way…)

we used something else on the old version of our site that simply inserted the media in a nice container with a caption and link but didnt merge pictures into a slide show. i’ll be looking to see what we used or what new tools are out there in the next week, so when i find something i’ll post it here.

i’m disappointed that while joomlart has made some progress in their templates, some of these really basic things like insertion of media and using things like max words rather than max chars haven’t been addressed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chloregy 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum