Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

OK, i uploaded my website on the internet. No problem for that.

Now, i have installed the French language pack and i’m trying to insert the language switcher on all the pages between FR and EN.

The problem is that when i followed the step-by-step guide, my main menu bar disappeared and only the menu on the right remains (JA Event Menu).
    I am developping all the menus in FR and EN and duplicating all the modules in FR and EN but cannot solve this problem + i have a problem with the language switcher, just look how it appears on the right side and when i turn on the “system language” plugin, the site goes down….

Can you help me please ? At least solve my problem with the system language plugin and initiate just the language switcher on the right (top of the JA Event menu) then i’ll work for the rest and the assignment of all modules to their languages.

Thank you so much if you can help !

pavit Moderator

Hi

I’ll try to help you

pavit Moderator

Ok

First of all changes on your code try to update your old version of the JaT3 Framework plugin using the ja_extension manager component

after update your joomla core to the 1.7.3 version using the extension manager –>Update Tab 1) Purge cache 2) Find update 3) install

olivercham Friend

OK i upgraded to 1.7.3 and now the language switcher is Operationnal and i have no more problem with the system language plugin !!! Thanks for your great advice.

Now my remaining problem is that the Main Menu (FR, EN) is not displayed…i don’t know what happens…

pavit Moderator

Hi

I can correctly see your french menu

Have you solved ?

olivercham Friend

Hi Pavit,

No, the french menu you see on the right is the JA Event menu. I have no problem with this.
    My problem is with the Maini menu that should appear on the front just under the banner (exactly like the JA Event original template).
    I cannot make this menu appear, the module is in the position “‘menuload” but nothing happens.

Can anyone help me ? 🙁

swissa Friend

Is this a megamenu?

If so search the forums for multi language and mega menu. There are a couple of posts that show how to fix this.

If you get stuck let me know.

pavit Moderator

Hi olivercham

When you create a main menu like your the type must be mainmenu and not main-menu-all

So now i have changed your menu type to mainmenu and seems to works fine

now you must create a new main menu for english language and assign to it the english language in the Home item

you must do the same thing for the main menu French type = mainmenu language = French in the Accueil item

I hope was clear

Regards

olivercham Friend

Thanks Pavit, the problem now is that the “Accueil-ALL” is visible in all languages even if i switch from FR to EN…i don’t know how to switch it down….

pavit Moderator

Please re check now

Thanks

olivercham Friend

THANK YOU SO MUCH !
    JoomlArt support really rocks, it really worth it !
    Thank you Pavit.

olivercham Friend

Dear Pavit,

I don’t know what happened but everything works perfectly fine on my website.
    However, when i switch from FR to EN and when i click on the menu item on the right (JA Event Menu EN), then the front menu (Main Menu EN) disappears…i’m trying all combinaisons of menu assignement, but nothing works, can you help me please ?

BR

pavit Moderator

Hi

I have deleted your admin account can you send me via PM again your details ?

Thanks

pavit Moderator

Could you check now ? seems to work correctly

i have assigned your pages in ja-events-menu-en to the english profile

olivercham Friend

Fantastic. It works !
    Please explain me what did you do exactly because i don’t want to bother you if this problem happens again. When you say you have assigned my pages in “ja-events-menu-en” to the English profile, how did you do that exactly ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum