Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am trying to move the menu into the header to create a custom look for my client.

I have tried to edit the layout and add the mainnav block into the header block but it just wont work.

<block name=”header” type=”header” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”mainnav” type=”mainnav” main-inner=”1″></block>

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

pavit Moderator

Hi sly123

The Default layout is already so

<block name="header" type="header" main-inner="1"></block>
    <block name="mainnav" type="mainnav" main-inner="1"></block>

could you explain better or make a screenshot of where exactly you want put your menu ?

Thanks

Sylwester Kowalski Friend

I am just showing the default layout code that I was messing around with.

I just want to move the mainnav into the header position. This is what I tried to do:

<block name=”header” type=”header” main-inner=”1″>mainnav</block>

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Sylwester Kowalski Friend

Can someone please help me with this. I know its really easy I have tried everything and it wont work for me.
    I tried to change the block positions, mess with the css in the template file, edit the code in the jat3 blocks and nothing is working.

I have attached an image of what I want to do. I just want to get the mainnav into the header position.
    Merging the two blocks to give me a custom header for the menu.

1. header_no_bg_example
    n6rej Friend

<em>@sly123 284672 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can someone please help me with this. I know its really easy I have tried everything and it wont work for me.
    I tried to change the block positions, mess with the css in the template file, edit the code in the jat3 blocks and nothing is working.

I have attached an image of what I want to do. I just want to get the mainnav into the header position.
    Merging the two blocks to give me a custom header for the menu.
    </blockquote>
    your going about this both the wrong and right way @ the same time.
    you can do this simply by publishing the mainnav extensions into the header area, or…
    modify the header block and leave the mainnav block out.
    please follow the wiki and its associated video’s to learn more.
    Pavit is trying to help you so work with him 😀
    Please look through our great wiki guide http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/FAQs it explains in great detail how to go through T3 and make any changes needed. several video’s are included in the wiki & template manager also.
    A version for J! 1.5 can be found here http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JD_T3_Framework/FAQs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum