Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I would like to move my site from nested folders of quickstart to root
    Originally developed in error in the demo site folders)
    now all my urls have a …sitename/ka/quickstart/index.php/using-joomla/extensions/components/content-component/
    before the actual page name, which is visually confusing and bad for search engine opt. etc.

In other post about this question of moving directories it is suggested to use akeebabackup.
    Has anyone done this with the jawall template?
    Any other pointers / suggestions?
    Anyone want to do this for me?

Somethings you feel comfortable taking on… I am not sure I feel good about doing this, unless you can say it is not that hard and a lay person could do it 🙂

arucardx Friend

As long as you used relative pathing for internal links and absolute urls for external links in your coding or articles, the migration using akeebabackup and akeebakickstart is so easy that a lay person could do it.

The only problem is whether you used any special SEF plugin and rules in htaccess. Those tend to cause problem after migration because the settings are either reset to default or no longer correct. But looking at your current url structure… you most likely haven’t even figure out how to set proper sef url… so my guess is you won’t encounter a problem here >_<

ibthe Friend

no, I havent done any special plugins.
    ss

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi ibthe,

As arucardx said, you should give a try.
    If you have problem, please tell me and I will help.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum