Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

http://www.hiphopremix.com

– when i installed the JA_Teline i didn’t go w/ QuickStart [first mistake] and now i got it working on my localhost.

The question is now i have just about everything ready to move to the active site but not sure of the proper procedure.

Questions I have
    1) How do i move over from the localhost?
    2) Is there a way to make sure i can SAVE my content on my active server?
    – IF not and i re-did all my content then how do i move it over to the active server….?

If someone could let me know i would GREALY appreciate it….i’m needing to this asap.

Thanks in advance!

hhr_driver Friend

anyone got ANY suggestions?

ErikThorsen Friend

Not sure exactly what you are asking here. Moving is usually a simple procedure.

1: Make sure you have a db on the “live” site. Fill this with the sql data from the localhost.
    2: Copy/ftp all files/folders from the localhost to live site.
    3: Make a few changes in the configuration.php file to reflect that you are now in fact on the live site and not on your localhost…

You are done. It is a really simple procedure but can of course be a bit tricky if you have never done it before.

hhr_driver Friend

okay – when i do this – will it erase my current “live” content?

hhr_driver Friend

so if copy all my files (even images) it will NOT erease the live ones? from what i’m reading you’re stating it will not

mj1256 Friend

the way I’m reading this it will overwrite your live site.

you could also use joomlapack or joomla clone to transfer to the live site

I don’t think their is a way to move it without over writing your database and files including graphics

I know in windows you can copy files from one folder to another and tell it to not overwrite existing which will make it only add new files, but I don’t know how to do that in mysql, is it possible?

hhr_driver Friend

so how do you install new {joomla} templates on a site w/o lossing data?

hhr_driver Friend

i get the following error when i try various files as the template to install:

Upload template – Failed
    File /home/u1/hiphopremix1/html/media/install_4687f05182e3e/ja/blank.html does not exist!
    [ Continue … ]

hhr_driver Friend

when i try to upload the “quickstart” JA_Teline i recieve:

Upload template – Failed
    XML setup file is not for a “template”.

mj1256 Friend

quickinstall is a full joomla install with the template all set up with sample data and needed modules

you can install any template in joomla without affecting your data.

I did this with the template, I uploaded just the template to a live site and then added the modules and redid my content to suit.

ShannonN Friend

hhr_driver;19538when i try to upload the “quickstart” JA_Teline i recieve:

Upload template – Failed
    XML setup file is not for a “template”.

Quickstart is not a template you just upload thats why you get the message xml not for template you need to read the guide on installing the quickstart or view the video tutorial i put together It should be stickied at the top of teline thread
    ShannonN

bigrk Friend

<em>@ShannonN 19555 wrote:</em><blockquote>Quickstart is not a template you just upload thats why you get the message xml not for template you need to read the guide on installing the quickstart or view the video tutorial i put together It should be stickied at the top of teline thread
    ShannonN</blockquote>

That never got sticky ShannonN. Also the link I had for that tutorial comes up with an error. I’m not sure what happened to it.

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;19572That never got sticky ShannonN. Also the link I had for that tutorial comes up with an error. I’m not sure what happened to it.

It was at screencast but so many looking at it exceeded the free bandwidth etc they closed the access unless i pay for it which ain’t gunna happen 🙂

I’m uploading it to one of my servers now the new url will be

http://www.leoniesays.com/teline_qs_tutorial/start.html

its a flash based visual hands on tutorial

if there is interest I’ll make teh zip file version available for dl

Mr Driver go here and see how to do it

ShannonN

bigrk Friend

Thanks for doing this ShannonN! 🙂

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;19619Thanks for doing this ShannonN! 🙂

No worries, I hope to make time and co operate with MiCCAS to produce some more basic tutorials specific to the templates I’ll try to do something on layered graphics it seems to be a stumbling block for many hobbyists

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum