Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

This used to be pretty easy in Joomla 2.5 but now it’s in a php.ini file somewhere. I think I found it but am unsure how to rearrange the blocks. I played around with copying a layout and then modifying the php file and that just didn’t work. The tutorials I found look a little out of date. Since I’m only going to use the slideshow once on this new site, I’m happy with just modifying the default layout. This doesn’t seem possible in the template manager/layout screen. Anybody done this yet with Ja-Biz and can you shoot me a link to an up-to-date tutorial?
    Thanks!
    -Jim G.

pavit Moderator

Hi

You can modify the templatesja_biztplsblocksheader.php file in this way

<!-- NAVBAR MAIN -->
    <?php if ($this->getParam('navigation_collapse_enable')) : ?>
    <nav class="t3-navbar-collapse navbar-collapse collapse "></nav>
    <?php endif ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock ('slideshow') ?>
    <nav class="t3-navbar navbar-collapse collapse ">
    <jdoc:include type="<?php echo $this->getParam('navigation_type', 'megamenu') ?>" name="<?php echo $this->getParam('mm_type', 'mainmenu') ?>" />
    </nav>
    <!-- //NAVBAR MAIN -->

remember to remove the slideshowblock from the home.php file
    If you want to use it only in 1 layout you can save the file as header1.php then in the home.php file call the block as header1

<?php $this->loadBlock('header1') ?>

gribblej Friend

Thanks, Pavit. But I confess I still am a little confused. So I saw that the home layout includes the familiar “slideshow” module position. Which I like. So I cloned the layout to “home-copy.” I see “home-copy” as I should in the php files. How do I move “slideshow” to the top block in my cloned layout?
    Again, thanks to anybody who knows the answer for this latest version of T3.
    -Jim G

pavit Moderator

Hi

You should edit the header.php file in this folder templatesja_biztplsblocks

and add the slideshow block <?php $this->loadBlock (‘slideshow’) ?> as showed above

Then open your templatesja_biztplshome.php file

<?php $this->loadBlock('top-header') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('header') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock ('slideshow') ?> remove this block from here

<?php $this->loadBlock('mainbody-home') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock ('masshead') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('footer') ?>

</div>

1. Screenshot_10
    gribblej Friend

Thanks, I will give it a try this morning and save the tip for future reference!

gribblej Friend

I must be an idiot. Shame on me. This advice would have had me insert the slideshow block into the mainnav container. And no, that did not go very well. I should have known better than to even try it. So I am back to square one and would ask someone from staff how to put the slideshow block at the very top of the layout in the new T3-Vs. It shouldn’t be that hard, right? It’s such a common thing that designers out here want to be able to do quickly.
    -Jim G.

gribblej Friend

The thread can be closed. I figured out the correct way based on the clue from Pavit.

gribblej Friend

I need to do this again with the latest version of JA University for Joomla 3.72. In looking at the PHP files, things seem to have changed somewhat. Could someone please walk me through again how to make the modification. I cloned a layout especially for this. It is called home-top-slideshow and I see it at ja_university_t3/local/tpls/home-top-slideshow.php
    Here’s the current code:

<?php $this->loadBlock('header') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('mainnav') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('slideshow') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('department') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-1') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('home') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('contentslider') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-2') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-3') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('navhelper') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('footer') ?>

Do I simply need to move the slideshow block to the top? Somehow I don’t think that’s right.
    Would be too easy. Something else must need to be done. Could someone possibly give me some updated refresher step-by-steps?
    Thanks as always!
    -Jim Gribble

pavit Moderator

Do I simply need to move the slideshow block to the top?

If you want to show your slideshow above mainnav then answer to your question is Yes.

Move it above mainnav block

If you are still encountering problems then you can share as private reply a temp super user account to your backend and an url for it, i will have a look at your settings.

gribblej Friend

Thanks so much! I will have a go today.
    -Jim G.

gribblej Friend

This worked beautifully. Still a work in progress but you can see the result here. http://roguesailing.org:8080/index.php

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gribblej 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum