Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

First of all: Thank you for this outstanding template! After a long search for a new template for my site, I am glad I’ve found purity III.

I want to use the off-canvas-sidebar for the menu in mobile view. In order to reduce scrolling I’d like to eliminate the white space above the off-canvas-header (see pic, it is the top right corner) and move the header to the very top of the off-canvas-sidebar. I’d love to see the content be lifted as well, so the menu would be displayed on mobiles without too much scrolling.

(Alternatively I could imagine to leave the header where it is, and move the piano-pic inside the empty space. Since it is the site-logo, it would make sense to have it displayed topmost. But I’d prefer the above solution.)

I can’t figure out, which part of off-canvas.css or off-canvas.less or what ever .css I should change. Inserting negative pixel-values for positions did not effect anything. I also tried eradicating the whole off-canvas-header in off-canvas.php, but that just leaves users with a missing “close”-x-button and does not look that much inviting.

Has anybody an idea how to accomplish this?

Thank you.

1. Pianist_Bastian_Kopp_-_Home_-_2015-02-16_20.29.47
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @bascop,

Could you please provide your site url so I can have a look first ?

bascop Friend

Hi, @adam M,

thanks! My site is still under construction, but let me see, I’ll publish it…
    Here’s my site url:
    http://www.bastiankopp.com/
    See the empty vertical space above the off-canvas-title saying “Willkommen”? I’d like to get rid of that/use it for the sidebar-title. I’ve seen purity III pages where the whole sidebar is filled with content. And even the purity III-Demo shows a menu in this position, so I guess, there must be some solution to that.

Thank you for having a look!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @bascop,

Please open file http://www.bastiankopp.com/templates/purity_iii/css/custom.css then add this code :

#t3-off-canvas {
    top: -55px !important;
    }

bascop Friend

Ah, this one works just the way I wanted!
    I thought, that I had already tried that one, but I had forgotten to add “!important”.
    Important for me, to keep that in mind.

Thank you very, very much, Adam!

bascop Friend

An interesting thing that doesn’t bother me much. But maybe it’s interesting for you to know:
    The vertical distance of the off-canvas header to the top seems to change with the off-canvas-effect I choose. I changed the effect to “Slide along” and now the off-canvas-header disappeared as well – which must be the following 55px that are cut off.

I tested some effects:
    “Slide in on top”: Header gone
    “Reveal”: Header gone
    “Push”: Header back again
    “Slide along”: Header gone
    “Reverse slide out”: Header gone
    “Rotate pusher”: Header gone
    “3D rotate in”: Header back again

(I’ll go through the other effects, If wanted)

So I either may have a slightly corrupt installation – or there might be an inconsistency in the code that causes different absolute positions. I don’t know if this is new for you. If you need more information, just let me know.

1. Pianist_Bastian_Kopp_-_Home_-_2015-02-20_00.08.03
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @bascop,

In this case, please choose appropriate effect you want and add / remove the custom CSS code if needed.

bascop Friend

Yes, Adam. I find it even more beautiful without the off-canvas-header, because it lifts the menu. And, thanks to you, I know now how to change the values properly.

I think it points to an underlying issue with the positioning of items in the off-canvas-sidebar. And it seems to depend on the off-canvas-effect you use. E.g. compare effect “Reveal” to “Push” – and you get a vertical difference of 55 px.

I am happy with the way it is now. And I know how to cope with it, when I want to change the off-canvas-effect. But – if somebody else can reproduce this – maybe the developers want to change it in future versions of this great template.

Thank you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bascop 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum