Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Please how can I move this title to the top. I still want the module suffix but I want it to be at the top left.

1. music-news
    Phill Moderator

Please post a link to your site with css optimization set to “No” in the template manager so we can take a look for you.

blink black Friend

I have turned off CSS optimization. The link is: http://dakuz.com/joomla/

Phill Moderator

It appears you have not deactivated css optimization as I can still see only the cached version of your css.

That aside the css you need to change is the

[PHP]top:241px;[/PHP]

in

[PHP]#ja-news-pro {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #82B040;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    font-family: ‘TeXGyreAdventorRegular’,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
    height: 40px;
    left: 1px;
    line-height: 40px;
    padding: 0 10px;
    position: absolute;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    top: 241px;
    z-index: 1;
    }[/PHP]

Jusr reduce that until you have the block positioned as required.

blink black Friend

Thanks for the quick response. I have deactivated CSS optimization now. I thought the template saved it but I had no rights at that time. I looked for that code in my template.css but it’s not there. Should I add it in?

Phill Moderator

No, the code is in templates/ja_nex/html/mod_janewspro/nex/style.css at line 131

blink black Friend

Thanks a lot. When you asked me to turn off CSS optimization, I presume you have a tool used to debug these issues. Please can you share the name of the tool so that I can start debugging my own problems

Phill Moderator

Yes sure. We use the Firebug extension for Firefox. You can inspect any element on a web page and see exactly the css that neds changing. You can even test your changes and see how they appear on your live page. It takes a little bit of learning but it is well worth the effort.

http://getfirebug.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum