Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

From my point of view it would make sense to move the menu button to the top logo area to get more space for relevant content when viewing website on smartphones.

Any ideas on how to achieve that?

1. ja_page_menu_button
    Ninja Lead Moderator

This is link our demo site: http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_onepage/ but mobile layout is difference the screenshot as you mentioned.

So that I can take a look and try to assist, please provide the url of the site you’re working on

1. demo_site
    freissmann Developer

Hi Ninja,

you can check here.

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can follow my below solution.

Open templates/ja_onepage/css/custom.css file

Add new script

@media (max-width: 767px) {
    position: relative;
    margin-left: 220px;
    top: -25px;
    }

Hope this helps

piman Friend

The code didn’t work for me, but I used:

.t3-mainnav {
    margin-left: 220px;
    top: -75px;
    }
    }

It moves the menu button next to the logo, but the black space where the menu button used to be is still there. I want to get rid of that blank space.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@piman: It would be great if you can include URL of your site, a screenshot and description on that particular screenshot on what you would like to do. I will try to help you then.

piman Friend

pm sent with site info.

screenshot would be the same as the OP. The menu button has moved as indicated with the red arrow. However the space marked by the blue line still remains.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I got this error when i tried to access your pm. Please check and send back me again

piman Friend

Resent the PM, I think i send the wrong pswd first time around:-P

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@piman 387980 wrote:</em><blockquote>Resent the PM, I think i send the wrong pswd first time around:-P</blockquote>

I could access your site now, this is my suggestion:

Open templates/ja_onepage/css/custom.css file

Add new script

#ja-header {
    height: 85px;
    }
    #ja-header .span10 {
    height: 0px;
    }
    }

piman Friend

Awesome that works perfectly! Thanks and have fun!

kimandboo Friend

I was extraordinarily grateful to have found Ninja Lead’s suggestions on how to move the menu button on a smartphone to reduce the footprint for the logo and menu bar(s) over the website content.

I added your suggested code, with a change in the left margin position of the menu toggle button to be 2px, rather than 220px. The left position change is nominal – rather than leaving the menu button close to the center of the screen and almost overlapping the logo:

.t3-mainnav {
    margin-left: 2px;
    top: -75px;
    }
    }

#ja-header {
    height: 85px;
    }
    #ja-header .span10 {
    height: 0px;
    }
    }

The logo and menu toggle button are now on one bar, as I wanted, although I do have a distinct black line somewhere near the bottom margin of the original position of the menu bar.

If the image I uploaded is displayed correctly, you should see a smartphone screen capture of the logo and menu bar as it appears on the website homepage, with notations: (A) for the black line that I want to eliminate; (B) the thin bar that appears under the combined logo and menu bar, the width of which I would like to control or eliminate entirely.

1. Issues-after-combining-smartphone-logo-bar-with-menu-bar
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kimandboo 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum