Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I posted a Help from staff problem:

Same as the 2nd problem in this post http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-news-pro-3/

JA News Pro was not applying changes (from quickstart default to the section category I need)

Pavit advised:
    <blockquote>Please try to enable the FTP Layer on your site from global configuration — Server Tab — insert your ftp details in all fields requested
    this can solve your issue </blockquote>

SO I did, and got
    JFTP: :mkdir: Bad response
    * * * *JFTP: :write: Bad response
    * * * *Unable to write entry

JFTP: :mkdir: Bad response

Pavit replied:

<blockquote>This is an error due to the file owner rights *
    MKDir = Making directory
    Means that the actual owner cannot create new folders
    To solve this you need to enable your FTP layer in global configuration so the owner became the ftp user and it can do everithyng on your server.</blockquote>

But I AM the owner…. Pavit went in and configured it… then we couldn’t add articles, modules etc.

SO we disabled FTP layer in global configuration, reinstalled Ja News Pro:- BUT:-

1. It didn’t have the ‘paramaters panel right side’ see pic
    2. When enabled our front page went blank!

HOW DO WE GET JA NEWS PRO & JA NEWS FP TO WORK!!!

Sherlock Friend

Hi SHoggard,

you can submit a ticket into the Ja ticket system here http://support.joomlart.com, provide your url, the admin account and the FTP Info there, someone will check for you .

SHoggard Friend

I did that already…. Pavit answered …. I’ll do it again

n6rej Friend

uninstalling then reinstalling the modules resolved the issue.

hcardenas Friend

It happened the same to me :-(. I’ll try uninstalling and reinstalling the module too.

logoped Friend

Hi guys, the problem is somewhere in the settings of server hosting. I tried two and one works without problems. do not ask where the problem is, I’m just a user. but you need to look there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  logoped 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum