Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello, I followed the documentation in order to display banners assigned to modules on the homepage, as explained for "banner world".

• I created a banner,
    • and a corresponding module,
    • set the category, as in the demo. But the banner does not display properly, I tried several "display order" options but it does not resolve the matter. Could you please help? Did I miss some step?

1. BANNER-World-BUG-position-4
    2. Banner-BUG-banner-component-settings
    3. BANNER-World-BUG-banner-module
    4. BANNER-World-BUG-category-settings
    pavit Moderator

Hi

Could you share as private reply a temp super user account for your back end and a link to it ?

We will have a look at your settings and see where the problem is.

Syrhc Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    pavit Moderator

Hi there

As showed into documentation enter image description here
    you need to add the banner position inside articles-category module -> Ja extrafields

Syrhc Friend

Yes, I did so.
    But:

1. I tried several "display order" options but can’t managed to set the banner BEFORE the articles (as in the demo),
    2. why is the banner so small?
      Please see http://www.forestopic.com/en
      (banner is attached to the "forest focus" module)
    pavit Moderator

I assigned "Banner Get the full experience" module to the banner-bottom position and assigned to articles category module ja extra fields settings such position , as you can see now the banner has full-width

Syrhc Friend

Hello, it looks great. But what I am trying to do is not to have a banner in the "banner-bottom" position. I would like to replicate the demo’s "world banner", that is a banner coming with an articles category module.
    You may check the same link: I added a category module and now the banner comes in the bottom of the page, instead of coming just on top of the category module. Could you please help?

pavit Moderator

I would like to replicate the demo’s "world banner", that is a banner coming with an articles category module.

What i showed you is a category module.

I added a category module and now the banner comes in the bottom of the page, instead of coming just on top of the category module.

I’m sorry but i cannot see it on your page , i cannot understand what you need exactly, if you read documentation you can see how to configure your modules in position "section", what the category module should load in ja extra field is the banner position ( position where you published your banner ) then the order is "section" position is established from your backend order for your articles category modules.

Syrhc Friend

Thank you for your patience. I did read the documentation as well as your answers and tried settings accordingly, but it’s not working. Let’s start from afresh please:
    Module category orders are ok.
    On the homepage, I want full width banners displayed in between category modules, as in the demo.

1. I create and publish a banner.
    2. I create a module for this banner. Menu assigned= Home. Banner position= banner bottom.
    3. In the category module’s JA Extrafields: Banner position name= banner bottom. Display order= 4 (because I have 3 articles displayed in the category module).
      Is this correct?
      I did so and the banner appears twice: inside the module but with a very small size, and at the bottom of the page full width.
      I don’t want the banner at the bottom of the page but in between 2 category modules.
      What must I do?
    Syrhc Friend

PS: I also tried the same but with "banner world" instead of "banner bottom" position. In this case, the banner appears at the right place (and only one time), but it is too small (article column width, instead of page width).

pavit Moderator

You cannot have it taking all page width – it has settings to be splitted in 3 columns only

Syrhc Friend

Would I have to change the settings in columns splitting?

pavit Moderator

Would I have to change the settings in columns splitting?

Correct, you will have to do so

Syrhc Friend

Hi, modules on my website display 3 columns, just the same as in the demo.
    On homepage, the demo has a banner in full-width, in between each category module.
    What should be the settings for these banners please?

Syrhc Friend

PS: sorry, I may sound to repeat myself, I rephrased my question as these banners’ settings are different, I suppose, from the settings discussed above (that is "banner-bottom" and from "banner-world").

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum