Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello JA-Team!

The next template (2nd of April 2008) will be a 2nd version of Teline – another example for JA’s actually way of template development: it seems that you are forcing to reproduce elder templates with a little change in look and feel, just variations – but really new templates with inspired features and a visibal creative work (as i. e. in Koniga or Paritii) are missing since some time.
    Why another newspaper template? And then just a reproduction? Why not templates for school-sites, sports-clubs, art-shops or others like this? There are so many unused website themes in template development of JA! But the focus actually goes to three or four themes – so it seems to me.
    Please give your work more creative input, make the portfolio more variable and give your customers in this way more arguments for using new JA templates!

Hopefully

mfcphil Friend

Why another newspaper template?

Simply because like yourself here..lots of people made lots of requests for it.

TomC Moderator

Orpheus . . . Can you be a little more specific with regard to what kind of creativity you are looking for.
    Your comments are a little broad, don’t you think?

As mfcphil said above, there were a good number of members – especially a handful of very persistent lads – who were clammering for an updated / improved version of Teline. As such, the JA Team, in consideration of said clammering – got to work producing an updated / improved version of Teline.

This is an example of a template club listening to it’s members and endeavoring to keep them satisfied – which is a good thing.

Now, as to the issue of “creativity,” I guess my questions to you would be what kinds of things are you looking for? Also, what do the JA Templates not offer you that you cannot modify/customize/create – with a little bit of creativity – yourself? I mean, what would be preventing you from taking one of the templates and creating a school-site, sports-club or art-shop site?

Now, that being said, I do think there are some areas where JA can try to be a bit more “innovative? in terms of some functionality elements within their templates – such as, perhaps, auctions, classified ads, freelance, real estate, reservation, etc. However, as I mentioned above, there really isn’t any reason why one could not take any one of the current JA templates and modify/mold it into whatever one wanted. There are literally hundreds of extensions available for one to create as dynamic a website as one desires.

bigrk Friend

I am not totally convinced that the Teline II will look like the original Teline at all. We here at JA have been talking about what we wanted in a new News Portal template for quite a while. I think the name might be a little misleading. At least I hope that it doesn’t look like the original Teline.

ndmiharu Friend

Hey, see all of their “II versions”: Avian II, Utahia II, Xenia II. Do you see the different? So I have no hope anymore about next template that called Teline II.

bigrk Friend

Those you mentioned were updated templates to include more requests and were done as the next template. Teline came out a year ago and the requests for the new version have been discussed on a regular basis in these forums for the last 6 months. I think everyone who has been discussing Teline II would be VERY disappointed if it look at all like the original Teline. And within all those discussions a site on the order of a CNN look was preferred.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum