Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to sort out a conflict between the “Simple Image Gallery” plugin and the JA Uvite template. Specifically, I *think* it is an issue related to mootools.js, but am not 100% sure.

Problem is that the galleries display as expected in IE, but in Firefox (and Google chrome, etc.) the thumbnails load, and then the entire article – every shred of content – on the page disappears.

Site is pre-propogation, but is currently accessible from http://122.201.72.110/~kpriddis/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=106&Itemid=45

I’ve checked the forums and following the suggestions there, have tried to remove the (second) loading of mootools.js from the plugin. (I’m using the CSS menus for this template).
    This allows the page in firefox to load, but this then removes the lightbox effect and causes a different problem.

Any ideas greatly appreciated….

wooohanetworks Friend

Ask this question in the support forum for the simple image gallery, or is this not a third party extension. There you may get some answers to solve the problem the right way.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

amturner Friend

Thanks woohanetworks,

I have searched the SIG forums, and the joomlart forums. On the joomlart forums there are numerous similar questions re: conflicts between template and that plugin. I had thought that maybe someone here may have had some success in solving it.

Have tried this plugin with numerous joomlart templates and so far, ja_uvite is the only one (for me, at least) that has had an issue. Others have reported issues with (primarily older) other JA templates.

cjmicro Friend

Hi amturner,

I applied the uvite template to my site and sig. All is fine on IE and chrome too, except when the gallery is on a page it stops the dropdowns from working on the other menu items.

This is the same problem I had with another site, not using SIG… and the developers found another js was the cause of the conflict.

I wish I could remember exactly, but I’m pretty sure it was templates/js/ja_script.js so I deactivated that file but it did not fix the problem on uvite. Not sure if it will help you or not, and I’m also not sure if that file is needed for something else. I don’t know enough about programming to figure that out, but maybe it will help you get closer to a resolution.

I would submit a ticket on this one.
    Cheryl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cjmicro 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum