Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

hello,
    after reading in some forums and also testing by myself the ja social template does have some problems with the new kunena 1.6

most people say that this will be because of the mootools 1.2

is it possible that your template is working with the old 1.1 version?

please update this quickly – you have a great network template and this should be working with the famous kunena forum I think…

if you already use mootools 1.2 please tell me what other kind of problems there could be…

best regards

jmpi Friend

i hope they release a bugfixed version asap.

Atm this template costs me alot of time….

augengott Friend

I totally agree with you

– kunena problems
    – mootools
    – bug at activity stream (profile page)
    – bug a groups page
    – validation check is very bad also
    – very slow
    – and many other problems with t3, java and so on

BUT the biggest problem is that it takes very very long till you get a response – or you don’t get a response at all.
    In the template background is said that things get solved within 12 hours or less…

come on joomlart – we pay a lot of money so get the things work! I’m here since a month and can’t use your template.

augengott Friend

informations from the team please!!!

jmpi Friend

totally agree.

So what is with the actually important! kunena problem (1.6) and the bugs in jomsocial with “standart template” ?

<em>@augengott 200455 wrote:</em><blockquote>I totally agree with you

– kunena problems
    – mootools
    – bug at activity stream (profile page)
    – bug a groups page
    – validation check is very bad also
    – very slow
    – and many other problems with t3, java and so on

BUT the biggest problem is that it takes very very long till you get a response – or you don’t get a response at all.
    In the template background is said that things get solved within 12 hours or less…

come on joomlart – we pay a lot of money so get the things work! I’m here since a month and can’t use your template.</blockquote>

augengott Friend

hello ?!?!?

when will you release an updated version?? we really need a WORKING (!!!) joomla and jomsocial template!

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@augengott 201030 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello ?!?!?

when will you release an updated version?? we really need a WORKING (!!!) joomla and jomsocial template!</blockquote>

Sorry for my late, i have downloaded the lastest version of the kunena component ( current version is 1.6 ). and check all things relate to mootool 1.2 and kunena and use some debug tools i could not see any issues :|, the kunena is working well on my demo,
    When you use kunena forum 1.6, please read requirement in here : http://docs.kunena.com/index.php/Mootools_1.2.4#Does_Kunena_1.6_require_the_Mootools_Upgrade_plugin.3F

now, please go to the system => enable the System – Mootools Upgrade to resolve this issue

<blockquote>- bug at activity stream (profile page)
    – bug a groups page</blockquote>
    => Those issues is informed and our developers are fixing them
    <blockquote>
    – validation check is very bad also</blockquote>

=>> sorry, can you please provide me information on this issue

Thanks

<blockquote>- very slow</blockquote>, => when the site go live, please go to the template’s configuration: you turn off the developement mode, enable caching function, enable the Optimize Js and Optimize Css.
    <blockquote>- and many other problems with t3, java and so on </blockquote>
    => please kinldy provide one by one, we will check and find some reasons, resolve them

Thanks

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry for the late update on the issues.

This is to confirm that JA Social work smoothly with mootools 1.1 and 1.2. You can switch back and forth to 1.1 and 1.2 in Administration. You can use this tool to build a JA Social quickstart

http://www.joomweb.com/usc/

JA Social has not supported Kunena and we have not had any plan on this because we have support Agora as an alternative solution for forum. I there is time to work more on this template, we ll prefer to offer a ecommerce/shopping cart support (virtuemart/tienda)

Basically it is the problem of Kunena and Mootool and I recommend asking for the support from Kunena site. Please understand the style of Kunena is not supported in JA social, and when Kunena is not playing well with JA Social, it is not JA responsilbity to solve all conficts generated by 3rd addons.

We will try to be as helpful as possible with specific issues, however we can not help you when there is no specific information on the problem you are having.

I would like to recap the support guidelines which we are finalizing and will publish to make it easier for users and support/moderator team

<blockquote>
    1. Essential Information.

* Site URL : Make sure that you mention the Site url or page url in question, in your post. Please try to post link with http:// prefix as it helps to give redirection
    * Screenshots : Wherever required or possible add screenshots marked with annotations to support your question, it helps. If it is browser comparative issue, Please provide in screenshots for both browsers – working and non-working
    * Versions : Joomla version, Template version.(Joomla version can be checked in admin panel and template version in template manager)
    * 3rd Party : Brief of 3rd party components / modules in use (Please refer to firebug tutorial where you can get to know about conflicting js libraries so it would be suggested to first disable them)
    * Incubation period: Since when the problem popped up? What you did last?
    * Hosting Environment : Windows / Linux / Localhost. Hosting Co. Name.
    * Browser Names/Versions :Which browser are you mainly experiencing issue with — IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera e.t.c along with their versions i.e. IE6, IE7 e.t.c ?

2. Click on Require Mods / Admin Help :

* Click on this option and enter your site login (super admin) details including FTP details. Makes it easy for Mods to login and analyze the problem.

(To Do : Screenshot showing option to add such information)

3. Raise a Support Ticket.

* Raise a support ticket, incase your post in forum is unanswered for over 24 hrs.

(To do : add link of support system)

4. Be precise about the problem being faced.

* Restrict to one question per thread, so that the thread stays on topic and conclude on some result.
    * Do not mix custom development requests / wishlists along with your problem. Make a separate thread for the same.

5. Re-request.

* If any of the Mods / helpers have asked for additional information, please provide the same and also send a PM to him / her, so that he knows of the update and help you on your problem.

6. Stay on Topic

* It helps in following or assessing the progress of any thread. Too many oftopic posts in any thread diminishes the importance of problem in question.

7. Patience

* Especially on weekends. . Its generally beer time for us.

</blockquote>

augengott Friend

hello hung and thanks for your statement. before I start: where can I switch mootools from 1.1 to 1.2 ??!

so let’s get detailled:

1. we know that you don’t build a kunena theme but that’s not the point. By using kunena with your template there are some style problems which come from ja social template.

2. if you want to release a ecommerce solution: please do it RIGHT and choose magento!

3. very slow: I think there are some posts from your customers which reported this – I’m not a pro to tell you WHY this is, but I can say at my end that I can agree to them.

4. jomsocial bugs: as reported here (with screenshots) there are 2 main bugs: 1 at groups page and 1 at activity stream in the profile page (see my other topics)

5. jomsocial update: 2.0 is out, I know it’s not stable but the template structure is clear and if it is in 2 weeks we all want to DIRECTLY update and need a fitting template for that. I don’t want to sit and use the old jomsocial 1 more weeek only because joomlart was sleeping and haven’t updatet it.

6. validation: if you use a validator to check your template you’ll se lots of error messages and problems. This is not the quality I expect from such a big club and a service where I spent my hard earned money.

7. t3, java and so on: I know that many clubs like rocket or gavick use their framework to build templates. But to be honest I don’t like this way of building – a professonal webdesigner usually doesn’t need a construction kit to make this. Also the templates would run better and faster without I think. Also java compression: If this is enabled a popular chat like jbolo doesn’t work but if you don’t know something like this you’ll have frustrating days. Also the css structure is a problem if you’re plannning to use some other parts on the site. For example I have jomsocial, k2, hwd, jbolo, kunena – probably others will have even more – then your IE will show the design fully broken because it’s limit is reached quickly. This could be solved by a better structure.

At the end: You made a really good looking template which lots of people would like to use, but you have to go and solve the problems. And the most important thing: LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS !!!

If I, as paying member, doesn’t get answers long time, my feeling about this club is very bad – and if you read the post of others here they think the same. So start supporting and updating and then everything is fine.

gray Friend

I had some problems too (not with JA Social).
    To check how the template, as well as other components “live” with mootools 1.2 I enabled the “System – Mootools Upgrade” plugin.
    Found an issue with Mega menu – switched to CSS menu. As for now all is working OK.

augengott Friend

hey gray,
    you had an issue with mega menu and because of that you’re using css menu right now?
    ok, to keep a site working this is the right decision – but for sure the global solution shouldn’t be to take something different but to get everything work so you can use whatever menu you prefer, or am I wrong?

I am honest, I have no idea from webdesign and so I have a big respect of people who do this. But because I don’t have these skills I pay for it – if I could do my own I would and save the money. So I expect a fully up to date and working solution and I think that’s fair.

jmpi Friend

Hi Hung Dinh,

sorry to say that, but i not fully agree with your statement. I use joomlart a longer time and i was always happy, only this template makes me crazy.

So, you say that Kunena isnt supportet by ja_social, ok on one point it is right = there is NO TEMPLATE INTEGRATION. The template should run with standart-components from joomla, no more. Ok, if you dont want to help – i cant do anything. But you see yourself, theres alot of problems.

You support JOMSOCIAL, right? Ok, ja_social dont works really fine with jomsocial-standart! template! I have already opend a thread about it.

Understand me, i use a bunch of components, for good things i have to pay for joomla, i know that – and that is good. But a Template is a thing, that should run with “NORMAL” other compoents. (kunena, hwdvideoshare, jvideodirect, 123flashchat, and so on).

Atm there is not only a error at kunena, also with jomsocial – maybe the problem have the same “ground” (hope you understand what i mean). And you dont have written in the template description: “it runs only with agora and nothing more”…

Hope you understand also my problems, as customer.

thanks alot!

Phill Moderator

I currently have a test site running with Kunena 1.6 and JA Social, runniong with Moo 1.2.4 and all appears to be fine. If you could tell us in detail what the problem is then we will try and fix it. If you already have another thread open then please post a link to it as I currently cannot find it.

Same goes for any JOMSOCIAL issues. Please fully detail what problems you are having and we will look into it.

If you want these problems resolved quickly then feel free to open a premium support ticket but please go into full detail of what is wrong on both counts so it can be investigated quickly. At the moment in this thread we just do not have enough detail. Just saying x or y isn’t working does not help us pinpoint the problem

jmpi Friend

after my post yesterday, i worked 2hours again and i get run kunena + ja_social now very fine at the moment. I hope there comes no problems, but now it works :-*

The problem with ja_social and jomsocial-standart-template got already a topic and pictures in it. @ phill

For the menu-broken issue, i found a solution in another topic – there stands also it will be fixed in the next update! 😉 Very nice.

I know that many components and all the updates makes everytime alot of trouble, so never mind.

For me kunena + ja_social is atm solved. Thanks!

and i am awaiting teline IV :-*

anas Friend

<em>@tienhc 201058 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry for my late, i have downloaded the lastest version of the kunena component ( current version is 1.6 ). and check all things relate to mootool 1.2 and kunena and use some debug tools i could not see any issues :|, the kunena is working well on my demo,
    When you use kunena forum 1.6, please read requirement in here : http://docs.kunena.com/index.php/Mootools_1.2.4#Does_Kunena_1.6_require_the_Mootools_Upgrade_plugin.3F

now, please go to the system => enable the System – Mootools Upgrade to resolve this issue

=> Those issues is informed and our developers are fixing them

=>> sorry, can you please provide me information on this issue

Thanks

, => when the site go live, please go to the template’s configuration: you turn off the developement mode, enable caching function, enable the Optimize Js and Optimize Css.

=> please kinldy provide one by one, we will check and find some reasons, resolve them

Thanks</blockquote>

——————————–
    Do you know that most of JA templates didn’t validate XHTML 1.0 and CSS (2.1 ,3) so please tell me which one validate so I could use it ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  pagabas 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum