Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’m building a site here

http://firestar.3v0.net/~wc001/main

using joomla 1.5.2 and the fedora template, I’ve added frontpage slideshow, and simple image gallery pro, all is looking fine so far in Firefox, but if you view it in IE, the dropdown menu’s go behind the slideshow, or behind where I’ve used the simple image gallery, such as here:

http://firestar.3v0.net/~wc001/main/index.php/exterior-graphics/marketing-suites-external

I’m using moo menus at the moment, but I’ve tried CSS menu too and they have the same problem. I’ve also tried changing various z-index settings but with no success.

Any idea how I could rectify this problem. One thing I have noticed is if the slideshow is in the topsl location, the menu’s don’t go behind, but act as they should, but I don’t want the slideshow there, and that doesn’t fix the issue with the simple image gallery on the other pages.

thanks in advance

Mat

Menalto Friend

The simple image gallery, is that a flash based gallery or how is that? Do you have any setting for vmode in if flash based? If so try to set vmode to transparent.

matjkd Friend

neither the slideshow or the gallery is flash based, so there’s no setting. I’m thinking its a change i can make to the template, because as I said, if i put the slideshow in the topsl position, which is directly below the drop down menus, the menus go over the top of it like they should, but if i have it in the position below topsl and don’t have topsl active, then it goes wrong. but only in IE.
    I’m guessing its a z-index issue but I’ve tried changing just about every z index I can find and I’ve had no success! but I’m no expert, so I’m hoping someone else is!!

cheers

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    plz edit sigpro_default.css in plugins/content/jwsigpro/ folder, line16

.sig_cont .sig_thumb {
    background:transparent url(shadowAlpha.png) no-repeat scroll right bottom !important;
    float:left;
    margin:0px 5px 5px 0px;
    padding:0px;

}
    to

.sig_cont .sig_thumb {l right bottom !important;
    float:left;
    margin:0px 5px 5px 0px;
    padding:0px;
    position:relative;
    z-index:-9000;
    }

matjkd Friend

thanks, I applied the same priniciple to the frontpage slideshow, editing the template_css.php of the frontpageslideshow template I was using (in this case uncut)

adding z-index:-9000; to the end of

#fpss-container {/*clear:both;*/padding:0;margin:0;position:relative;text-align:left;width:<?php echo $width+$sidebar_width; ?>px;}

thanks for your help

Mat

matjkd Friend

unfortunatly with the above I noticed that I could no longer click on the gallery or slideshow in either IE or firefox, so I removed the above fix. I had another play around and in the fedora template css file, to #ja-header i added z-index:1; and it seems to be working fine now!!

thanks

donaldwheaton Friend

I think I had this same problem with a different template and solved it by editing template.css. Add the following to #ja-wrapper:

/* JoomlaWorks suckerfish fix */
    position:relative;
    z-index:99;

matt2047 Friend

matjkd,

Awesome site you’re building!! Can you please tell me how you did that with the Frontpage Slideshow, on the topsl1 position. I am having a lot of trouble defining that module position and getting anything to appear there.

I’ve entered the module position in on the joomla backend, but no success when publishing the Frontpage Slideshow to that position! It’s just blank; nothing there at all. The body text is crammed up against the main menu navigation across the top.

Appreciate any help; I want to do mine just like yours.

zeolite Friend

There is also another fix for this. Edit template.css and look for #ja-header and add this value:

z-index: 9999;

That will make the menu appear in front of the sliding banners in IE!

matjkd Friend

<em>@matt2047 95954 wrote:</em><blockquote>matjkd,

Awesome site you’re building!! Can you please tell me how you did that with the Frontpage Slideshow, on the topsl1 position. I am having a lot of trouble defining that module position and getting anything to appear there.

I’ve entered the module position in on the joomla backend, but no success when publishing the Frontpage Slideshow to that position! It’s just blank; nothing there at all. The body text is crammed up against the main menu navigation across the top.

Appreciate any help; I want to do mine just like yours.</blockquote>

I didn’t actually put it in the topsl position in the end, but in user5. I don’t think I made any other adjustments apart from the ones mentioned in this thread.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  matjkd 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum