Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have been using the original Mona template for years for my site, and this has always bothered me! I don’t know why I am only now seeking help —

The ja-contentslide works on the home page on auto scroll through one of my blog categories. But it only shows the image formatting on the first three images — so it starts with three framed images linking to blog posts, then as it scrolls, each successive image has no frame/formatting. You can see at http://thecultofmindy.com

What gives? Any idea how I fix this? The formatting should at least look consistent. Thank you for your attention!

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Mona!
    What a blast from the past! And what a wonderful site you have. But on to the question.

I’d like to first make sure you have the latest version of the ‘Slider – we’re up to 1.1.6. This is an issue that may already have been resolved…as well as others.
    I couldn’t check your version because the admin login privileges you’ve provided do not allow for that.

If you could help me there…we’ll be on our way.

Thanks again!
    John.

Mindy Nettifee Friend

Thanks for the super quick help John! I have gone in and upgraded your privileges, so investigate on!

cheers,
    Mindy

Mindy,

I’m still working…but wanted to make you aware of one issue immediately.

I’ve got it updated but in the process it reset the logo and side image to the templates original.
    Can you re-upload your logo and side image?

The Content slider is working again…now shows your latest items which it was not yesterday, but still working to restore the caption background and move the module back to the bottom.

More in a moment.

John.

Mindy,

Got the shadow on all of the images and moved the module back down to the bottom.
    Again, you still need to replace the logo and left side graphic images that were overwritten in the template upgrade.

Let me know of any more adjustments you need, or questions you have.

John.

Mindy Nettifee Friend

Thanks for getting it working! The images and some css formatting that got broken in the shuffle have been fixed.

I went and looked at it in Firefox, Chrome — all good. But in IE unfortunately my home page template is now pretty much broken. I am using IE 7 to look — the template is fine on all the pages but the home page. On the home page the background image is missing, all the left module positions (which are on the right side of the page), the content slider, AND positions user2 and user7. Crazy. As much as I wish IE just didn’t exist anymore, well, I need it fixed.

And one more request — is it possible to get the css style formatting of the images to show up in the slider? All the blog images have the “caption” style applied, which gives it that beautiful shadow.png you guys made. That style isn’t showing up in the slider images. Though I am super happy that it is at least consistent now! (Before, some of the images had the style and others didn’t and they weren’t all showing…so your fixes are much appreciated already!)

Thank you John!

Just to update you, we are still working to resolve the IE7 issue as well as image styling on the slider.

<em>@cultleader 300474 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for getting it working! The images and some css formatting that got broken in the shuffle have been fixed.

I went and looked at it in Firefox, Chrome — all good. But in IE unfortunately my home page template is now pretty much broken. I am using IE 7 to look — the template is fine on all the pages but the home page. On the home page the background image is missing, all the left module positions (which are on the right side of the page), the content slider, AND positions user2 and user7. Crazy. As much as I wish IE just didn’t exist anymore, well, I need it fixed. </blockquote>

You are back in business.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum