Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I am having some trouble getting modules to show up as icons (with popups) at the end of the main menu (as displayed in the demo)?

I followed the directions in the userguide for JAtwitter, set it to mega position and everything and still no luck. It just doesn’t appear.

Also tried with JAlogin but no luck.
    What else do you have to do to get them to show up?

ithacaindy Friend

I experienced a similar problem with the main menu. I would hover over a menu item and the drop-down mega menu would not appear. I discovered disabling one of my extensions (sh404sef 2.1.9.787) cured the menu problem, so I now rely on the core SEF. So, if you have any third-party extensions, you might disable them to see if that makes a difference.

herb2586 Friend

<em>@ithacaindy 214786 wrote:</em><blockquote>I experienced a similar problem with the main menu. I would hover over a menu item and the drop-down mega menu would not appear. I discovered disabling one of my extensions (sh404sef 2.1.9.787) cured the menu problem, so I now rely on the core SEF. So, if you have any third-party extensions, you might disable them to see if that makes a difference.</blockquote>

Tried it but no luck.

steinar Friend

<em>@herb2586 214771 wrote:</em><blockquote>What else do you have to do to get them to show up?</blockquote>

Hello herb2586,
    Have you tried setting up a topmega menu?
    If you already have one, delete it first. Then create a new topmega menu and move the items (twitter, blog etc) from the magazine menu to the topmega menu.
    Hope this helps.

herb2586 Friend

<em>@steinar 214881 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello herb2586,
    Have you tried setting up a topmega menu?
    If you already have one, delete it first. Then create a new topmega menu and move the items (twitter, blog etc) from the magazine menu to the topmega menu.
    Hope this helps.</blockquote>
    I’m a bit confused. How am I to move modules like JAtwitter and JAlogin to a menu?

steinar Friend

<em>@herb2586 214886 wrote:</em><blockquote>How am I to move modules like JAtwitter and JAlogin to a menu?</blockquote>

I presumed that you already had them in your magazine menu. If not, you need to set them up in the topmega menu with separator as type. In the demo, the blog and interview menus are defined as K2 Itemlist/categories, while twitter and rss are of type separator as are also the submenus (like latest comments and login).

As for putting modules in a menu, go to menu item manager >> edit >> Parameters (JA Extended) and select modules (under submenu content). Then select from the list of modules that magically appears. 😉

herb2586 Friend

<em>@steinar 214957 wrote:</em><blockquote>I presumed that you already had them in your magazine menu. If not, you need to set them up in the topmega menu with separator as type. In the demo, the blog and interview menus are defined as K2 Itemlist/categories, while twitter and rss are of type separator as are also the submenus (like latest comments and login).

As for putting modules in a menu, go to menu item manager >> edit >> Parameters (JA Extended) and select modules (under submenu content). Then select from the list of modules that magically appears. ;-)</blockquote>

Okay, I have JAtwitter and JAlogin published as separators under topmega menu.
    Topmega menu is published to mega position. That’s all I did.
    Still not showing up though?

aman204 Friend

Hi herb2586,

Please ensure that you have installed latest version of specific template

Other way, Will it be possible for you to please pm me superadmin details to take closer look

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aman204 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum