Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have a slideshow, contentslider and leftbanner on the home page that are inherited when a link in one of the modules is selected. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I only want those modules to appear on the home page as they will squish content on other pages.

TomC Moderator

<em>@eclectic 292498 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have a slideshow, contentslider and leftbanner on the home page that are inherited when a link in one of the modules is selected. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I only want those modules to appear on the home page as they will squish content on other pages.</blockquote>
    Within each respective module (banner, contentslider, slideshow), you can select which pages those modules will display within each respective module’s parameters. If you only want the module(s) to display on your Home page, then select the “Home” item within the module’s parameters accordingly.

Here is a video that may assist in demonstrating further . . . .

eclectic Friend

Yes, I’ve done that… the problem only occurs when the page is “inherited” from home.

TomC Moderator

<em>@eclectic 292508 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, I’ve done that… the problem only occurs when the page is “inherited” from home.</blockquote>
    Not entirely certain I understand your meaning . . . how would a page be “inherited” from the Home page?

eclectic Friend

When someone clicks on a link from the slideshow or contentslider, they are redirected to the linked page with “inherited” modules from the home page where they clicked.

TomC Moderator

<em>@eclectic 292528 wrote:</em><blockquote>When someone clicks on a link from the slideshow or contentslider, they are redirected to the linked page with “inherited” modules from the home page where they clicked.</blockquote>
    Unless the link brings a user back to the Home Page, the modules displayed aren’t “inherited” throughout the site. You choose which pages you want them to appear on – it’s completely within your control (within each respective module’s configuration settings).

Now, the module STYLING will be the same across the site – hence the “cascading” in Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
    But I don’t think that’s what you’re referring to, right?

eclectic Friend

I get what you are saying… the contentslider and slideshow modules are set to a category and is published (only on the page selected) on the home page only. The leftbanner is a custom HTML and is published to the home page only also.

The three modules above appear whenever a link within the respective module is clicked and the page is redirected from the home page.

n6rej Friend

inherited is an exact copy, thats its whole purpose. Think of it as a merge.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum