Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi
    thanks for your beautyful template.
    Just a question. Isaw that in demo JA Purity templates the modules “who is on line” and “features” have a coloured background. How to get it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Flavio

mfcphil Friend

I am not up to date with this template, but I would imagine that the module you have added text into you will need to find suffix box and enter the colour you require. Blue for blue box Green for the Green colour and so on

Hope this helps 😉

lamier1 Friend

Unfortunately those modules don’t have such a type of option…
    Best
    Flavio

hkeyzer Friend

In joomla 1.5 admin – most modules have module parameters in there is one called “module class suffix”
    set this to one of the following:

_black
    _red
    _blue
    _text

For others you will need to create you own suffix class.

lamier1 Friend

Solved…
    Thanks
    Flavio

bmw Friend

So, how do I change the module background color?

lamier1 Friend

<em>@hkeyzer 56977 wrote:</em><blockquote>In joomla 1.5 admin – most modules have module parameters in there is one called “module class suffix”

_black
    _red
    _blue
    _text

For others you will need to create you own suffix class.</blockquote>

This is the way.
    It works.
    Best
    Flavio

hkeyzer Friend

For a totally new colour set the proper way is to create a new suffix with correct colours and edit the various files to enable this suffix.

However a quick and dirty way is change the images for one of the existing colour schemes, if you look in the images (there are two or three of these – you’ll need to find the correct one) folder you will notice a number of images named:
    bl-bl
    bl-br
    bl-tl
    bl-tr
    These are the images used to style a module with the suffix _black.
    Similarly:
    br for red
    bb for blue
    bg for green
    bt for text

Replace one set of these images for the colour you want.
    As an example I changed the black ones for yellow and ended up with yellow on the newflash module here: http://www.client4success.co.nz/

Note the above is not the “correct” /”accurate” solution but a quick fix.

dozza Friend

<em>@hkeyzer 56977 wrote:</em><blockquote>In joomla 1.5 admin – most modules have module parameters in there is one called “module class suffix”

_black
    _red
    _blue
    _text
    /QUOTE]

Whenever I enter a module class suffix, as suggested by hkeyzer, it merely removes the module styling and I get grey text with no module background style/images. Anyone else getting this? Is there a fix or what m I doing wrong???

dozza Friend

OK, I’ve tried to get to the bottom of this and have now worked a few things out and hopefully this will explain for others to implement. This regards getting modules to display with rounded corners/colour background in the left or right column positions.

Modules displayed using the default install of JA Purity in the left or right colum/position will have the style ‘xhtml’ or ‘jarounded’ applied to them. If you view JAPurity>index.php you will see around line 185 the following..

<!-- BEGIN: LEFT COLUMN -->
    <div id="ja-col1">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="left" style="xhtml" />
    </div><br />
    <!-- END: LEFT COLUMN -->

This means that left column content will, by default, be inherit the ‘xhtml’ style (no background colour/images/border).

Around line 195, you’ll see…

<!-- BEGIN: RIGHT COLUMN -->
    <div id="ja-col2">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="right" style="jarounded" />
    </div><br />
    <!-- END: RIGHT COLUMN -->

This means that right column content will, by default, be inherit the ‘jarounded’ style.

This means that, by default, you can only have the ’rounded corners’ effect applied to modules that occupy the right column, NOT any position. The colour it displays in will then be controlled by what you enter in the Module Class Suffix field. Options available are none/empty, _black, _blue, _red, _green and _text.

This explains why I couldn’t get round corners applied to a module published to the left column!!!

For those that want to try, you can have modules with rounded corners in the left column, simply by editing
    JAPutity>index.php and replacing at around line 197…

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="left" style="xhtml" />

with…

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="left" style="jarounded" />

However, in my opinion this spoils the look/feel/design/layout and the guys at Joomlart obviously know what they are doing.

Hope this helps a few of you out there.

hiravi Friend

Thank you!
    I was about to ask how to get rounded corners for left column and your post helped me!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  hiravi 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum