Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dear JoomlArt Team / all,

In I/Explorer , I have a problem with my module ‘user 3’ placement.
    Pls check the following URL :

-deleted-
    PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGE TO SEE THE UNWANTED FLOATING MODULE.

The menu which is suppose to appear at the bottom, is floating in the middle, hence blocking the image.

Please advise for the solution to make it appear at the bottom as other pages.

I’ve no problem with FireFox and Netscape.

Thanks,
    -prakdis-

Hung Dinh Friend

hi prakdis,
    It looks perfect in my IE 6.0
    Please see the attached file

1. ie
    prakdis Friend

Hi Hung Dinh,
    thanks for the reply.

but you have to click the thumbnail then you will see the error where it’s floating in the middle.

I have no problem with the one that you attach. That’s 1st page of my gallery. The problem happen on the 2nd page when I click on the thumbnail.

I believe it is because of ja-footer position.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    /* FOOTER
    ——————————————————— */
    #ja-footer {
    background: url(../images/footer-bg.gif) repeat-x top left #666666;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    clear: both;
    line-height: 28px;
    height: 28px;
    position: relative;
    padding: 0 5px;
    border-top: 10px solid #FFFFFF;
    font-size: 11px;
    }
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please check and advise.

Thanks,
    prakdis

prakdis Friend

I changed position: relative;
    to
    position: 700px;

and it looks OK so far in IE 6.x, FireFox 1.5.x and Netscape 8.1.

ok, case SOLVED, just want to share with the rest.

-prakdis-

mattstahl Friend

Not really solved. While this works, it breaks CSS compliance for the template. There are a number of Joomlart templates that appear to share this problem, but buyers are still waiting for a fix.

davidwo Friend

I was working the same issue, the text of my page would flow under the footer bar on spica.

I use a javascript to dynamically resize vertically an i-frame wrapped genealogy program. Thanks to this tip, I change the position: relative to position:static, and it now works perfectly for me!

Daniel Michaels Friend

Yes, now we’re getting somewhere. The “static” change worked for me too! Now if only I could get the core joomla calendars to appear when users submit content. There appear to be some strange java script conflicts. I suspect that there are some core joomla classes missing. Is there any way to update them?
    In any event, thanks davidwo!

Daniel Michaels Friend

I found a quick solution to the problem. I replaced the ja_script.js file with the ja_script.js file from one of the templates that I know works with core joomla calendars (I used ja_zibal). I’m not sure which part of the java file from the spica template was corrupt. I hope this helps someone else.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Michaels 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum