Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Here is a image of the module positions.
    Just one note, the user7 position is below user6 and above left/right positions.

questbg Friend

Plus of course, you can check this at any time on your own site by using the following:

http://www.mysite.com/index.php?tp=1

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 61073 wrote:</em><blockquote>Plus of course, you can check this at any time on your own site by using the following:

http://www.mysite.com/index.php?tp=1</blockquote>

I think this option only provides the ones that are used. There are more positions in the “dropdown” for positions, so as Menalto speculated, they might have just not removed those positions that are not used in JA Teline II.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Menalto 61070 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here is a image of the module positions.
    Just one note, the user7 position is below user6 and above left/right positions.

</blockquote>

Hi Menalto,

You might be able to answer this. I can duplicate quite a number of the modules. and place them in a number of positions.

For example, through a collaborative effort between Chris and I, we were able to prepare a very nice How to create (a copy of an existing module) and place it somewhere else, e.g., another banner module, for example. Chris did most of the work, of course, but such teaching aids are what we need.

One of the ones I wished to duplicate was the JA News. I can copy it, rename it but when I try to place the copy (appropriately renamed), it does not show up.

Here are some reasons why I wanted to do this with clones (but renamed) of JA News or the JA Frontpage:

1) I want to split the long list of sections and group the sections into themes, and present these grouped themes as separate modules rather than a long list of Sections in a single JA News. If the are separate clones of the JA News, I can opt to have two-column or three-column modules, depending on where they are placed.

2) I want to use a clone of the JA News, rename them, and use each unique module to present the articles for the individual sections.

The current layout and the arrangement of the articles of the Intro page in each section is rather crude. It would be good to have one similar to how the articles in the categories, are presented just like the articles in the sections of the JA News in the Home Page are shown.

It would be nice to have similar use of the Front Page clones.

There are more that I want to do with the JA News and JA Front Page clones, if they just show up I tried several options, like All, Main Menu, etc.or try to target a clone to a specific section. Nothing works.

On the other hand, I can make copies of the Banner, or the Photography Module, or the Hot Topic module, and stick them where I want them to go — they work, but not the clones of the JA News.

I wonder what I am doing incorrectly. Another guy told me he is doing it, and he has his page to show he could. I am sure it is more than likely a scripting change or something to make this work.

Cornelio

schein Friend

I’ll suggest this format of the module layout as a nominal part of the user guide for all templates. Much more readable than the existing format.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@schein 61899 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ll suggest this format of the module layout as a nominal part of the user guide for all templates. Much more readable than the existing format.</blockquote>

This used to be the case. I would prefer a simple cartoon also.

Cornelio

detiem Friend

<em>@kohrs 62035 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry, my Emailadress was out of function. Therefore my question again: Ho do I get the image of the module positions?</blockquote>

Uh…. right click on it and hit SAVE ?

felsimedia Friend

thanks a lot for this layout. proper documentation should have been available on the downloaded package for ease of use. anyway, god bless you menalto.

questbg Friend

<em>@cgc0202 61118 wrote:</em><blockquote>Chris did most of the work, of course, but such teaching aids are what we need.
    </blockquote>

Not at all … you did the work, I translated to French 😉

However, I’m in complete agreement … all these ‘tutorials’ should be available to all users who download the template.

kohrs Friend

How do I get the width of “user 5″ and ” ja-news” in pixel?

questbg Friend

<em>@kohrs 65044 wrote:</em><blockquote>How do I get the width of “user 5″ and ” ja-news” in pixel?</blockquote>

I just screen grabbed the demo site and measured in Photoshop!

As far as I can remember ‘left’ and ‘right’ are 152 pixels wide, and ‘User 5’ is 328 pixels wide (that’s what I made mine anyway and it seemed to work).

Never checked ja-news.

greenkoi Friend

I just installed Teline II on a site which was running Teline I and I’m wondering where my menu has run off too . .

In the demo – the menu is beneath the logo – which is where I’d like my menu to be as well. . . .

Check out: http://www.cjimagazine.com/index.php – for an example of what I’m facing . .

But try as I might – the menu isn’t showing up.

Can someone tell me in what module position the main menu module should be published?

Thanks in advance,

mm

kohrs Friend

The Main Menu is in module position “right”. To check the module positions look at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/module-positions-layout/
    Good luck, H.

greenkoi Friend

Kohrs –

I think I’m not being clear in my issue.

I have Teline 2 installed. Running on 1.0.15.

Everything installed well, but the menu which should be at the top, between the logo and the body, is not showing.

http://www.cjimagazine.com/index.php

I’ve tried publishing the main menu to various positions, but it’s still not showing.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@greenkoi 66496 wrote:</em><blockquote>Kohrs –

I think I’m not being clear in my issue.

I have Teline 2 installed. Running on 1.0.15.

Everything installed well, but the menu which should be at the top, between the logo and the body, is not showing.

http://www.cjimagazine.com/index.php

I’ve tried publishing the main menu to various positions, but it’s still not showing.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,</blockquote>

You should submit this as a separate thread in the JA Teline II, greenkoi.

The discussion in this thread is all over the place.

You already show a Main Menu on the right side???

Cornelio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  neeshu 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum