Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello
    I installed JA Biz 3.0 quickstart but then decided I want to use JA Rave template 2.5 for my site.
    I installed JA Rave template 2.5 and set it to default.
    Since JA Rave use old T3v2 framework, I disabled T3 System Plugin and install JA T3v2 System Plugin for J25 & J32.
    – – – – – – – – –
    I now see my site in the JA Rave template but……….
    None of the module positions in the drop down match the actual module positions in JA Rave template.
    – – – – – – – –
    How can I get the position options in the drop down to match the JA Rave positions?
    Thanks,
    cndglobal

Eragon H Friend

Hi cndglobal,

1. As you installed the quickstart of JA Biz, all the modules will be assigned to positions of JA Biz. And these are different to the default positions of JA Rave template.

You can check the default position of JA Rave by.
    a. Enable the Preview Module Positions : Extensions >> Template Manager >> Options >> Preview Module Positions : Enable
    b. At the page that you want to check available positions: add ?tp=1 at the end of url. For example: http://www.yoursite.com?tp=1

You can manually set the position to the module. For example: content-mass-top. This will work even if this position doesnt appear in the drop-down module positions but is defined in the template.

2. “None of the module positions in the drop down match the actual module positions in JA Rave template”
    Kindly check again if there are positions that you can find by the above trick. If these positions are still unavailable. You can add them in the file root/templates/ja_rave/templateDetails.xml
    At the position

<position>footer</position>
    <position>syndicate</position>
    <position>debug</position>
    </positions>

For example: I want the position content-mass-top show in drop-down module position selections

<position>footer</position>
    <position>syndicate</position>
    <position>debug</position>
    <position>content-mass-top</position>
    </positions>

If you still face the issue, kindly share the site URL, back-end account, FTP account and let me know what do you want to change.

Best regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eragon H 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum